“Very Good Chinese Take out”

Xin Garden Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 31 Restaurants in Plaistow
Reviewed 19 January 2016 via mobile

Located on Route 108 in a small strip mall, this Chinese Take out is fast, inexpensive and good. The crab rangoons, boneless chicken, chicken wings and pork fried rice were excellent. We will order out from there again.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I will agree with other reviewers that the Xin Garden has a typical Chinese American inspired menu but...if you like fried tofu...the Xin Garden gets it right...You can get it mild or spicy and choose the veggies you want with it...We usually order the Spicy fried tofu with peapods and broccoli...and an order of veggie fried rice....both are consistently good...the service is friendly and the restaurant appears very clean...recommend !

Reviewed 30 January 2014

In all honesty, where I live, I'm kind of stuck in the middle of this restaraunt and another restaraunt in the town below in Mass; both equi-distant give or take a couple minutes.

We've had take-out from here twice. I won't say that the food isn't good, because it is good food, but good to me is about average. Is it authentic chinese food? No. It's the same americanized chinese food you'll get in any US town/city (lived in Asia, know/love the food) with the same quality you could expect.

BUT, I can say that the pricing is a bit on the higher end for what we received; maybe due to "exclusivity" of it being the only chinese restaraunt for miles? I'm not sure why you think it's so cheap Jeff! It's pricey for americanized chinese food. Our other restaruant in the area is priced almost the same but the food is a bit different and very authentic.

I can comment that the staff is very nice, the restaraunt appears very clean, and the menu is typical of most chinese take-out places. For us, we usually choose the other option if choosing which direction to drive. If this is on my way home on a given day I'd consider it, because the food is good, but I still think the prices are a bit high for a no-delivery chinese take-out.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

This restaurant is next door to my house! Good enough for us on a weekend night. The food is hot and ready for you when you get there. The staff is super friendly too.