“TAKE OUT 🤑”

Fugaky
Ranked #24 of 47 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Annual vacation family take out. The fried food ie chicken fingers and sweet & sour shrimp are a total fail. All batter no meat. The rest of the food was just average at max price. Go elsewhere, is my recommendation.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We look forward to lunch here for their buffet. Arrive early for lunch as the food goes quickly and sometimes the options decrease.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 27 April 2018

I've been to Fugaky several times, usually when meeting up with friends or relatives, and it's been very good. But this time, something happened -- I'm hoping it was just an off day, judging by the up-and-down reviews of late.

The lunch buffet is small but usually delicious and refreshed often. The service has always been offhand bordering on impatient, but hey, it's a buffet, they're probably not going to get a big tip. I can live with indifferent service if the food is good, which it has been until this visit.

Unfortunately, most of the buffet items were pretty tasteless: chicken with celery, salt-and-pepper chicken (couldn't taste either the salt or the pepper), General Gau's chicken (not the least bit spicy -- my lunch companion informed me it never is any more), vegetable lo mein (the only vegetables were small slivers of onion and carrot). Just about the only dishes that had flavor were the beef with broccoli, crab rangoon, and the egg rolls. A youngster in our party was disappointed that they didn't offer their usual dessert, small frosted cakes -- the little table where they usually are was still empty as we were leaving.

Either it was a bad day or they've fallen on hard times. I just hope they can get it together soon, so we don't have to find another favorite meeting place. BTW, the charge was $10.95 per person, definitely not worth it for what we got.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I am sorry, but this had to have been my worst experience at a Japanese restaurant ever, maybe my worst experience at a restaurant ever. This may sound overly dramatic, but seriously everything that could've gone wrong did.

First, the beer I ordered came to the table unopened and with a glass that had lipstick on it. Second, I ordered a sushi sashimi combination meal which reported to have three rolls included with it.

The meal that I received came with two rolls. When I questioned the waiter about this they reported to me that this meal only included two rolls. I checked their menu and pointed out to the waiter that in fact their menu said the meal included three rolls. The waiter's response was that the menu was written poorly and inaccurately and that there was nothing he could do about it. I let the waiter know that I would like him to let management know that I was not pleased (I learned later that he did not bother).

When our sushi sashimi platter arrived several pieces of sashimi and sushi were cooked. This was not the eel or shrimp which are always cooked. I believe the fish that was cooked was a type of tuna, but I can't be positive. When I asked the waiter what type of fish it was and why was it cooked. The waiter informed me that sashimi is always served raw and that I must be mistaken that the fish was not cooked. I showed him the piece more closely and he said he would ask the chef. When he returned he came back with a rather poor explanation that the fish indeed was cooked and that is how it's always served.

When I informed the waiter at the end of the evening about how disappointed I was in our meal and service and how disappointed I was that the manager never came to my table to address our concerns. This is when I learned that the waiter either never told the manager that I was concerned about my service or the manager didn't care. In the end I believe the manager was aware of my dissatisfaction and truly didn't care. I will most certainly never eat at this restaurant again, and I highly recommend if you're reading this that you do not as well.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank bobmanley
Reviewed 3 February 2018

Went for the Luncheon Buffet at Fugaky's. They have a nice selection of appetizer's Boneless Spare Ribs, Chicken Wings, Chicken Fingers, Egg Rolls, General Gau's Chicken, Peking Ravioli, Salt & Pepper Chicken or Shrimp depending on the day & Crab Rangoon, Fried Rice, Lo Mein as well as main dish items of Chicken, Pork, Beef and Vegetarian Dishes. The Buffet includes Sushi Items as well. Egg Drop or Sweet & Sour Soup is included in the Buffet price as well as Hot Tea. They serve the Buffet 11:30 to 2:30, Mon thru Friday (Except on Holidays!) Good deal for the price. They also offer Luncheon Plates (Mon thru Sat) for those that don't want the Buffet you can order off the Main Menu which has a wide variety of items to choose from or choose one of the Luncheon Special Plates that all range under $10. or choose from the Japanese Luncheon Plates that include Sushi, Sashimi, Tempora or Maiki Combo's.

Date of visit: February 2018