“Sunday Brunch with kids”

Foster's Boiler Room
Ranked #8 of 44 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Stopped by at 11:30 on a Sunday for lunch. We enjoyed a delicious cup of french onion soup which was very good as well as the beets and brussels sprout salad. We also tried the duck sandwich, a margherita pizza and the wedge salad. My 7 yo son said the chicken nuggets were outstanding. The service was good, the food yummy and the prices were quite reasonable. The beer list was good and the spicy bloody mary from the bar hit the spot. A great stop right next to route 93.

1  Thank Humarock_Seth

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Popped into Foster's Boiler room for lunch today, the host sat me next to a fireplace in the main dining room. Unexpected and nice. The waitress came to take my order and told me about the soup of the day. When asked if the chef might prepare a grilled cheese to accompany the soup, she didn't miss a beat and said, "I think I can talk him into that. What cheese would you like?" I was pleasantly surprised and happy they were able to accommodate me. How refreshing to see the staff put the needs of the diner first. Thank you for a delightful lunch.

1  Thank dluri
Reviewed 18 February 2017

I've been to several of the Common Man family or restaurants and this is similar to them. On the inside it looks sort of like Common Man Merrimack, but rather than a restored 1800 house it is a restored 1800 mill building, with a 37 room hotel, a bar, and a cafe. It has lots of wood and brick, a roaring fireplace, and is more spacious. You pass through the hotel lobby to get to the restaurant, so you already feel like a guest. Service is very personal and attentive. There are a number of microbrews on tap, but not the greatest choice. There are a wide range of appetizers and small plates. I had the Reuben bites and they were fantastic and filling. The chicken pot pie was good, not great. Some of the chicken was a bit stringy. It was filling, with a great crust. The burger was fine; the flatbread was a real flatbread, not a pizza, and good. We were too full to try the tempting deserts. It's a pub style, comfort food kind of menu. Something for everyone. Very casual, not fancy, but still very enjoyable. Maybe if we had ordered more tasty food, I would have given it five stars. I think it would be a fun hotel to stay at, and be able to come downstairs to the pub or restaurant.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere is very nice. Cool different levels and rooms to eat in. The food is real comfort food. Enjoyed it very much.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

This restaurant is quaint, cozy, and historic (it is a converted mill). The food was very good, and there were interesting offerings on the menu, served with a smile. No complaints with service here. Not far from I-93.