“Longtime Waterfront Favorite”

Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: "Where the Locals Go" - This family owned favorite has been preparing the freshest seafood on the seacoast for 40 years! Enjoy the beautiful water views of Sagamore Creek while dining on the 2 outdoor decks, in the dining room or in the Sagamore Pub. Come by boat as well! Open Thurs-Monday until Mother's Day. Open 7 days Mother's day - Labor Day. Open Thurs-Monday after Labor Day. We close for the Season October 21st and Reopen in March.
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Just finishing up their 40th season at the end this year ,this place has been a seacoast favorite since it opened.Waterfront location and onsite parking are a plus. Good food and friendly staff make this place worth try.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

I had been recently disapointed in Camden, ME, when served frozen scallops at a whopping $24.95. My sister told me that BG's had sweet, tender scallops and they were delicious! I had the basket, which I think was $16. I was amazed at the size and number of the sweet delicious scallops I received. My hubby got the mini seafood platter, which was just the right size. We traded a few times, and his shrimp were perfect, small, tender and tasty. The view is nice and the deck was comfortable. We will want to go back before they close for the season. The staff was nice too.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Great location, I really like the location of this restaurant at the edge of the water and all. It is fun to sit out and enjoy the surroundings as you eat.The food is good, but I go there for the location.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Birthday dinner, with family...I had Lazy lobster (all picked out and sauted in butter0. and excellent union rings.....the others had a variety of seafood baskets (whole clam, osyter) which were well prepared. Good service.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

BG's was a great choice for lunch recently. The clam chowder and fried lobster was very good. We had a nice time eating outside on the deck that overlooks the water. We will plan on coming again the next time we are in Portsmouth.