“Great Chinese Option”

Little Tokyo and Saigon
Ranked #79 of 204 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Not a lot of Chinese places I like in the area. Our neighbor recommended this place and we're so pleased. Best Rangoons on the Seacoast. Great General Tso and Lo Mein. And surprisingly decent Pad Thai. Huge menu. Really cute interior and fun drink list. Check it out!

Reviewed 4 July 2017

I ordered curry chicken soup and the chicken tasted very strange. I am not sure if its overnight or just raw. The waitress apologized but did not offer any explanation. I did not bother to ask and will not come back.

1  Thank lvjunzhang
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Let's start with this was the best place in Portsmouth to get pho. A family favorite. We have spent many a night either in house or getting take out.

NO MORE!

My 8 year old daughter and I called to order take out. We were asked to be put on hold. At which point I put the phone on speaker to wait. But the person instead put the phone in there pocket never on hold. We first got to listen to a guy talk to customers. Then go into the kitchen pans clinking and other noises this is where he started making fun of his customers. After 3 min of conversation he proceeds to the bathroom and takes a piss. Mean while my daughter and I look at each other flabbergasted. I start yelling we are still on hold. He then leaves and goes back to a customer. My daughter says he didn't wash his hands.

We hang up and I call back to tell a manager. The same male answers we ask to speak with the manager. He asks why we tell him what happened he says that's very gross it must have been someone else. It was him...

The manager gets on the line we start to explain what happened... After 10 min on the phone with male number 1 and the manager. I am told sir I can not understand you your phone is fuzzy and breaking up. We had not moved locations and had full reception. He says it one more time. At this point we are hung up on.

Part of me wants to go back talk to them in person. I loved there food.

The logical part of me says.

STAY AWAY!!!! This is a health hazard and people who just don't care!

Now I need to find another PHO fix. Any recommendations?

Reviewed 3 May 2017

We love, love, love this place. We have tried all areas of the menu from the Sushi to the Chinese to the Vietnamese and have not had a bad meal yet. Currently our favorite is #75 Pho. This gigantic bowl has shrimp, wontons, pork, noodles, some veggies and a great broth. The best part, finishing it up the next day at home because it is so huge you cannot finish it in the restaurant. If you are ever in the area, do yourself a favor and stop in. BTW, the drinks must be good too because the bar is always packed!

Reviewed 12 April 2017

This is a great Asian restaurant with Vietnamese, Chinese and Japanese entrees. I almost always order the Pho, but everything else I have had has been very good. The atmosphere is relaxed and the service is good. I only wish they had a few more craft beers.