Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
QualityUS$120
PricelineUS$120
Hotels.comUS$120
eDreamsUS$120
FindHotelUS$120
StayForLongUS$139
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2020 via mobile

When I arrived at the hotel this afternoon, I saw that mandatory face covering signs were posted on the doors. Portsmouth is one of the few cities that has a mandatory face mask rule so it didn't occur to me that I needed to contact the hotel to see if they were following CDC covid guidelines.

I was wearing a face mask and shield and the staff person checking me in was wearing a mask, but there was no acrylic barrier at the desk dividing the staff from the guests. After checking in, I saw another staff person checking in a guest at the desk and she wasn't wearing any PPE, but the guest was. I then saw a large party walk through the small lobby, none of whom were wearing masks. When I returned after dinner this evening, the same staff person was at the counter without a mask talking about 2 ft away from a guest who was not wearing a mask.

Regardless of the Portsmouth ordinance, I can't believe it isn't a policy with Quality Inn that all of their hotel employees where appropriate protective gear.

I didn't say anything, because I figured by now anybody who is blatantly flaunting not wearing protective gear is not someone who's going to listen to reason from a stranger.

I'll be contacting management in the morning and posting my experience far and wide to warn others. I'll update this post if there's news.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2020

We were 3 couples in town for a celebration. The front desk was more than accommodating and very friendly. Rooms were comfortable, breakfast was good and 2 of us used the hot tub. Great stay and we'll be back!

Room tip: They have adjoinging rooms if your party is very large: 1 room with 2 beds, 1 room with a pullout sofa.
Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 24 October 2019

This is a clean, well run place. The breakfast bar was well stocked and the room was comfortable. Although we did request a quiet room, it was still a bit noisy. It’s a good value for the money in this town.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 11 October 2019

We stayed on our way back to Boston airport to get a better look at Portsmouth. The hotel desk staff was very enthusiastic about their city and it showed. They gave us good advice of where to go, eat and park. That helped make our stay special. We had a nice room and good breakfast. This is a great place to stay.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 2 October 2019

First of all we paid $250 for one night in a hotel that needs some TLC. The front desk staff was delightful, so accommodating and helpful. And then we went to our room. From the minute we opened the door we were greeted by an odor that I can only describe as dirty feet. I kept slippers or shoes on the entire time for protection. The beds were VERY soft with a “hole” in the middle where the majority of people slept. The view out our window was the backside of the concrete Quality Inn sign. We had to bend over below our knees to see out. The hotel did have a good breakfast. We will never stay here again nor can we recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room tip: Look elsewhere
Date of stay: September 2019