Courtyard Portsmouth
  • Breakfast included
US$149
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$173
US$129
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsmarriott courtyardoff the highwayshuttle busshuttle servicefitness centerice machinedecent hotela nice place to staynew hampshirebed was very comfortablethird floorshort driveking roomdowntown areakittery outletsfeliciacoffeemaker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Stay here frequently,
Not all that impressed this time,requested new mattress pad as the one on it had some nasty stains on it,amongst other things,when they cleaned the room they left a dirty rag
And a empty dirty glass.beds were comfortable,the pillows were down and comfortable as well,the television was good
Has wifi not that good,had a problem with the phones.freezer in the refrigerator was frosted
Over.The location is very convenient to several area's,including Hampton beach where we spent the day.The lobby and bar area were being remodeled,the bar does not
Open til 5 pm,they do have a pool but it is not heated.They do have a whirlpool,and they serve breakfast but it is buffet style.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Musa3
CY_Portsmouth_NH, General Manager at Courtyard Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Guest's feedback is our greatest tool that we use to enhance our performance and ensure that we are improving and exceeding our guest's expectations. Even though we strive to provide first class service and give the best product possible to all of our guest, we apologize that we failed to do so during your recent trip. Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience as I would love to further discuss your experience with you. Again, we greatly appreciate your understanding and I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you for your time and continued patronage with Marriott.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

The upgraded rooms are well furnished, have great bathrooms, and comfortable beds. The location is obviously excellent and the grounds are lovely. Also appreciated the fact they now serve dinner and have more breakfast options available than when we visited in 20015. Also, the food service people are wonderful despite the fact they seem to be pretty overworked.
But there are real service issues. Shuttle service only runs six days a week - no Sundays. Also, some hours of the day the shuttle is inexplicably unavailable. The shuttle drivers, particularly Dan, are amazing but the hotel needs to make more of a commitment to this service since it is advertised and a good reason to stay here. The desk clerks vary considerably in terms of helpfulness. Check in did not work out as clerk seemed unaware of how to use the computer. Desk was often vacant. Cleaning crew was friendly and did good job but failed to supply toiletries after first day and did not fully replenish towels.
This is a nice place with nice grounds but there really needs to be an upgrade on service and training of desk help.

Room Tip: Spring for a junior suite. Much more room.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2017

I have stayed at this property twice this year. This is a very basic place to stay. Starts when you enter the lobby. It may be me, but it smells like chlorine. The rooms were acceptable but in need of an upgrade. In all fairness, Marriott is upgrading the rooms. The second timeI stayed here, I received a newly-remodeled room, and there was a big difference. However, overall I feel it is up to par with other Courtyards I have stayed on the East coast.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank RalphK328
CY_Portsmouth_NH, General Manager at Courtyard Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent visit with us. Guest's feedback is our greatest tool that we use to enhance our performance and ensure that we are improving and exceeding our guest's expectations. As we put forth effort to provide the best product and top notch service to all of our guests, we hope that we will have the opportunity to better serve you again in the near future. Thank you for your time and continued patronage with Marriott.

CJ Shaw

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

My fiancee and I checked in for a night get away on Saturday June 17th. We were very warmly welcomed by the front desk agent, I believe her name was Felicia, and she was extremely helpful in all aspects of the check in. She was nice enough to offer us a complimentary breakfast for the next morning which was extremely kind and helpful to us. Our night out was off to a great start thanks to the wonderful check in service. The next morning we had our breakfast and everyone working in the restaurant area was also very helpful. When we went to check out there were two people there, a very nice and courteous young lady and the guest services manager. The young lady began to check us out but once she started she was rudely interrupted by this gsm. He stated to us that we should have never received a complimentary breakfast and that "we should have known that". Well aside from not knowing that his aggressive and rude tone with us floored me. I felt like I was being accused of cheating them out of some eggs and bacon! That is no way to make any guest feel! My fiancée also was scolded by this man as well! Maybe he was just having a bad day but even on my worst of days I would never speak to a paying customer like he spoke to us. It was too bad because we had such a great night and stay at the hotel and this man ruined our experience in a matter of 10 minutes. I think someone should receive a refresher course in hospitality 101!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JBSJS
CY_Portsmouth_NH, General Manager at Courtyard Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit to our property. We strive daily to ensure that all of our guests are receiving the best product and top notch service, and I apologize that we failed to do so during your stay. I can only imagine how frustrating this must have been you. This negative deterrent does not reflect our true operational performance and I truly apologize. We appreciate your understanding as we put forth effort to correct such issues and we hope that we will have the opportunity to better serve you again in the future.

With Hospitality,
CJ Shaw

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed there on Memorial Day Weekend. For us, it’s a real good location - - easy on and off the I-95. Also close to a mall, restaurants, and the historical downtown area. The hotel was supposed to be in the middle of remodeling & we got one of the new rooms. No issues. King room was roomy for us. We were on the highway side of the hotel, so at night there was a little bit of traffic noise - - but not too bad.

Sorry, we didn’t eat in the hotel restaurant - - Maine Diner for breakfast one day, another a little diner in Kittery, and picked up lobsters at a lobster shop for dinner.

Felicia at the front desk was a sweetheart at check-in. No issues for us at all. Enjoy.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple