Quality Inn(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$279
US$251
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$249
Hampton.com
Howard Johnson by Wyndham Portsmouth(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$122
US$917
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Hotel Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewscourtyard marriottoff the highwayroom was cleanfree shuttleshuttle servicenice facilityclose to downtownice machinefitness centerdecent hotela nice place to staymarket streetthird floornew hampshireparking lotking roomkittery outlets
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I have been reviewing hotels on Trip Advisor for years and I despise doing what I am doing BUT....the GM of this hotel would not take responsibility for an error his staff made. We did a workshop last night for 40 people, many of them with disabilities. They needed handicap parking. The lot was to be paved today and we were not told that the vast majority of not only the handicap parking but parking in general would be blocked off. Suffice it to say, many of my workshop guests could not make it to the workshop and turned around and went home. When I spoke to the GM this morning I was rudely told we were warned of this (we were not) and that there was nothing he could do in the way of a credit. The reason I am writing this is that if this is the way he treated us, how would he treat you if you stayed here and had a problem.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
CY_Portsmouth_NH, General Manager at Courtyard Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Mr. Donatello,
I apologize for the way that our conversation was interpreted. I was merely trying to explain that while the front half of our parking lot was closed for paving, we still had handicap accessible parking, as well as a handicap ramp, located on the other side of the property.
As far as my staff making an error, I am not sure what exactly you are referring to. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss.
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your visit. It is our here to provide remarkable service, and we take all guest reviews seriously.

-Nicholas Garcia

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Hotel was very clean, as it has been recently renovated. Staff very friendly. Loved the shuttle to town. The bistro was extremely expensive for a cocktail and beer.. a $20 did not cover it... other than that no complaints.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lainie6161
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

the hotel is great. clean and comfortable. however, we had been driving all day and looking to relax in the pool/hot tub. this was the reason we picked this particular hotel. after we got there and booked in we discovered the pool/hot tub were out of commission. we asked for a discount and/or a breakfast and they pretty much just ignored us. would have felt a bit better has they recognized our request and tried to make it up to us some way.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marypaullong
CY_Portsmouth_NH, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

HI,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit to our property. We strive daily to ensure that all of our guests are receiving the best product and top notch service, and I apologize that we failed to do so during your stay. I can only imagine how frustrating this must have been you. This negative deterrent does not reflect our true operational performance and I truly apologize. We appreciate your understanding as we put forth effort to correct such issues and we hope that we will have the opportunity to better serve you again in the future. If your travels bring you back to this area, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly as I would like to personally set up your reservation and ensure a flawless and memorable stay with us.

Arso Kuridza
Guest Service Manager
Portsmouth Marriott Courtyard
arso.kuridza@oceanprop.com
603-436-2121

Reviewed 19 September 2017

My wife and I used this facility to host our rehearsal dinner and for one of our hotel room blocks. We can not explain enough how professional and courteous the staff was in making our big day/weekend a success. Everything went smoothly with the dinner w/ over 50 guests and then no issues were had with the room block and the use of the hotel shuttle, which was greatly appreciated. Highly recommend for future use in the Portsmouth area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Staff was very nice and the room was nice and spacious.

In our room, bathroom was inconveniently arranged with a tight little sink area outside the room with shower and toilet. Not a lot of surface area for toiletries.

The main complaint was how clearly we could hear people talking next door, through the "companion room" door. I would not stay here again unless they fixed that issue. You can't have noise bleed when you're spending above $200 at a middle of the road hotel.

The shuttle service was exemplary and entirely helpful to us.

Also, just a note - not a fan of the hotel's generic response policy - I've seen on other posts that they don't speak at all to the specific issues but just issue some weird platitudes. That's not good customer service.

Room Tip: You should ask if there are rooms that don't have adjoining rooms since thin single doors separate those pairs of rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria G

Hi Maria,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Courtyard Marriott in Portsmouth. We always welcome your feedback and value your patronage.
I understand that there were some noise concerns during your stay . I am very glad you brought this to my attention as we encourage guest feedback. This allows us to develop and enhance our future guest’s stays, as we strive daily to provide excellent service and amenities. I would like to apologize that this noise inconvenience prevented you from having a memorable stay with us.

We hope to continue as your host for future travels to this area, and if so please contact me directly for bookings as I would like to ensure you that will have a flawless experience here with us. Thank you for your time and understanding.

With Hospitality,