Courtyard Portsmouth
  • Pool
US$189
Ale House Inn(Portsmouth)
US$199
Hampton Inn Portsmouth Central(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$180
Travelocity
US$151
US$146
Agoda.com
The Hotel Portsmouth(Portsmouth)
US$182
Martin Hill Inn(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$180
Official Site
All reviewsmarriott courtyardoff the highwayfree shuttleshuttle serviceice machinefitness centerdecent hotela nice place to staynew hampshirebed was very comfortablethird floorparking lotking roomkittery outletsfeliciadowntownrefrigerator
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

We tend to stay at the same properties and compared to some old, tired Coutyards this new update is a welcome change with extra power and usb outlets everywhere, nice furniture, and a HUGE tv. Other have noted the tight vanity area with little room for your "stuff" and iced-over freezer. (Note to staff: when guests post problems you CAN fix like the freezers, you're supposed to fix them.) Warm welcome on Christmas Day, and a very comfy bed and room, but this is the second property ( the other the University Avenue Fairfield in Albany, NY) to have stopped USA Today. Really? Remember when they actually delivered them to your door?

The paper is a little annoyance but Marriott has stubbornly resisted complaints on larger issues ( three years ago going to a 24 hour cancellation policy, this year to 48 hours, and now dropping rollover nights--we have 126 nights this year) so don't expect papers to magically re-appear.

And finally, Courtyards in general: worse deal Marriott offers, and we only stay where absolutely necessary. Every single other brand gives us Blessed Elites breakfast, but at Courtyards it's 20 bucks extra per couple. Why stay here when Fairfields at least give you scrambled eggs, now even cheese omelets, and cereal? I'm going to start widening my hotel search, and after 75 nights next year looking at other hotel families. Sometimes I just don't understand how corporations think.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
CY_Portsmouth_NH, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent visit. Guest's feedback is our greatest tool that we use to enhance our performance and ensure that we are improving and exceeding our guest's expectations. I understand that you faced some inconveniences during your recent stay regarding not having the newspapers and not having your freezer fixed in time. These negative deterrents do not reflect our true operational performance and I apologize for your inconveniences. Also, in reference to having complimentary breakfast, this is something that we on property level would love to provide complimentary to our Platinum guests, however as a Courtyard brand, Marriott Corporate has deemed this against policy. I appreciate your understanding on this matter, however to avoid confusion, the Residence Inn and Fairfield Inn are still permitted to have their breakfast complementary within the Marriott Brand.
Should you want to further discuss your experience please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. We appreciate your loyalty and would like to thank you for your continued patronage as an Elite guest.

Arso Kuridza
Guest Service Manager
Portsmouth Courtyard by Marriott
1000 Market Street
Portsmouth, NH 03801
603.436.2121
arso.kuridza@oceanprop.com

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Was greeted warmly by Kelsey, at the reception desk. She had my room with all my requirements ready. This was on the third floor, rear of building with a sliding door out to a porch with table and chairs. Recently renovated and spotless clean. The bathroom and sliding glass door shower were very nice and roomy. The bed was very comfortable.
Nice, clean pool too.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor are quiet and ash for a porch room. Very nice to open slider and breath in the fresh New Hampshire air.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2017

I have stayed at this hotel many times. It’s such an easy hotel to find, and it’s location to Kittery and Boston make it a great stopping point for us. I’ve stayed here with my husband, with my husband and daughter and with friends. It’s truly a great hotel for anyone.
The hotel was in the process of paving the parking lot when we last visited. It will be great when that’s done.
The staff is always helpful and friendly.
The rooms are always clean. There’s Paul Mitchell products in the bathroom. The sink is separate from the toilet and shower. Ample towels are provided. There is not a fan in the bathroom.
The room has a refrigerator and coffee maker. The beds are comfortable.
The hotel is safe.
Truly you can’t go wrong staying here.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I have been reviewing hotels on Trip Advisor for years and I despise doing what I am doing BUT....the GM of this hotel would not take responsibility for an error his staff made. We did a workshop last night for 40 people, many of them with disabilities. They needed handicap parking. The lot was to be paved today and we were not told that the vast majority of not only the handicap parking but parking in general would be blocked off. Suffice it to say, many of my workshop guests could not make it to the workshop and turned around and went home. When I spoke to the GM this morning I was rudely told we were warned of this (we were not) and that there was nothing he could do in the way of a credit. The reason I am writing this is that if this is the way he treated us, how would he treat you if you stayed here and had a problem.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
CY_Portsmouth_NH, General Manager at Courtyard Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Mr. Donatello,
I apologize for the way that our conversation was interpreted. I was merely trying to explain that while the front half of our parking lot was closed for paving, we still had handicap accessible parking, as well as a handicap ramp, located on the other side of the property.
As far as my staff making an error, I am not sure what exactly you are referring to. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss.
Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your visit. It is our here to provide remarkable service, and we take all guest reviews seriously.

-Nicholas Garcia

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Hotel was very clean, as it has been recently renovated. Staff very friendly. Loved the shuttle to town. The bistro was extremely expensive for a cocktail and beer.. a $20 did not cover it... other than that no complaints.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple