“Don't do it!”

Mooyah
Ranked #66 of 100 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Reviewed 6 January 2018

Visited this location twice in four weeks, and same experience both times. Arrived at non-peek times, full staff on duty on the cook line, one register open, and a line to the door. Slow ordering process both times, so waited 15 minutes for my turn. Both times seeking milk shakes for my kids so willing to hang in there on the line, and both times they did not have. This last time, I asked the register gal to speak to manager as I now had wasted 30 minutes in this place and yet to be able to order the product I sought, and she said yes, this is a chronic problem. Now, this last time, while I waited in line, I witnessed the manager see the line, and do nothing, AND....get this...the manager was stopping workers on the line to hand out pay checks. Workers were gloved, working and had to stop take paychecks with gloves on, and put in back pocket. Ick! Then the manager came back and was interrupting them to talk about schedules. Again, line of customers to the door and we are watching and hearing this. The manager then appears to jacket up, back pack up and going to leave.. but thought better and re-appeared to help on the line.... and did not glove up before briefly working the line. The manager was polite and I was very nice in expressing my frustration about the lack of posting "sold out" or not available on the menu and then gave feedback about watching what they did in front of waiting customers. They said they were in a hurry as needed to leave... ahh.. then have your shift leader finish what you can't, don't stop the your line staff with a full line to the door. Not one to complain or write a review, came home, and having now read reviews, realized... ahh... I am not the first or likely to be the last to have this same experience. Fool me once, shame on me, Fool me twice, shame on you. There will never be a $$ spent here. Plenty of other great options in the area, don't waste your time and money here. They clearly do not have a good ordering system, inventory management system and wait times does not match up to Five Guys, Chipotle who offer similar process. My guess.. closed before the end of the year.

1  Thank 86lara1999

Reviewed 3 January 2018

My husband and I stopped here after some grocery shopping, and were pleasantly surprised at this new burger place in Rochester.

The burgers were delicious, cooked exactly how we asked for them, and the side of French fries was enormous!

There were couples, families with children enjoy the food when we went.

Mooyah has an app you can get to enjoy free or discounted food after so many visits. Incentive to keep going there!

The wait staff was great, the atmosphere upbeat and new. The food was very good, and yes, we will probably visit again!

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

I don't gush often, bit this place is awesome! The buns are fresh baked soft potato, the parties are pressed here fresh.The cheeseburger was so juicy I could not beleive it!!! The shakes are even great. I have no clue why thus place only has 3 stars, it is 4 star all the way!!!!!!

Reviewed 15 December 2017

This place is just average with no atmosphere. One step down from McDonald's. Good burgers -- especially if you choose your own ingredients. Not inexpensive. Fries are too filling. They also have hot dogs and drinks... I would not return and suggest you find a different place to eat -- McDonald's is better.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

The burgers were hot and juicy. The fries could have been just a little crispier but, the shakes are a big mistake and a waste of money. The dining room cleanliness could have been better however, it was good. For a good burger, quick, this is a good choice. Avoid the milkshakes!

Been to Mooyah? Share your experiences!