“BEST PIZZA HUT FOOD I’VE HAD SO FAR”
Review of Pizza Hut

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pizza Hut
Ranked #24 of 100 Restaurants in Rochester
Reviewed 23 September 2017

This Pizza Hut Italian Bistro is well situated on NH Route 108 in Rochester for travelers heading further north into the Lakes Region to Alton, Wolfeboro, Laconia, and points beyond on either side of Lake Winnipesaukee. It’s very close to Exit 14 for Ten Rod Road off the Spaulding Turnpike/NH Route 16.

The Italian Bistro designation indicates an expanded menu with some upscale dishes.

Enjoying a week-long staycation, I took a daytrip to Rochester in the Lakes Region for some shopping and lunch. I decided on the Pizza Hut Italian Bistro which is a newer Pizza Hut.

Arriving about 1:15 PM, the Pizza Hut Lunch Buffet was still in progress. It was $6.49 + 9% NH Meals Tax of 58 cents, the total was $7.07.

I started with the salad bar. Even at 1:20 PM, when I took my salad, everything was fresh. The lettuce pan had been refilled even though the buffet as ending in 10 minutes. The salad was very good.

Pizza selections included Veggie Lover's, Italian Sausage, Chicken, Pepperoni, Cheese, and another that I didn’t recognize were the pizzas out when I went through the buffet line.

The selections included offerings with Pizza Hut’s three different types: thin crust, hand tossed, and deep dish. The pizzas were cut into 12 pieces, making the pieces relatively small so that one could sample several pizzas.

Other items included their signature Breadsticks, Rotini Alfredo, and three desserts. There was something that looked like sweet buns drizzled with syrup or honey.

I tried the Italian Sausage Pizza first. Sausage is not normally one of my favorites, but this one looked really good. The crust was medium thickness which led me to think that it was the hand-tossed crust. The crust was slightly crispy. The inside was bready. There was no sogginess. It was baked perfectly. The crumbled sausage was spread around evenly. It wasn’t overly salty.

Next, I tried a slice of the Veggie Lover's, my favorite pizza anywhere. The crust on this one was a little thicker. It was more like deep dish. It was properly cooked. Again, there was no sogginess. I would have liked more vegetables in the topping. That’s the only criticism.

Both were good enough for me to go back for seconds on both. The four pieces were the equivalent of two conventional-sized slices of pizza.

Overall, I enjoyed the pizza buffet here. It’s a winner! The food here was much better than the food at the Dover franchise that has gone downhill.

I rate this experience at Pizza Hut at 4.50. I highly recommend it.

If you found this review helpful, please click THANK below.

1  Thank Maurene_K

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I'm not a huge thick or heavy pizza eater but my family is! We went into this Pizza Hut & I was shocked to find the pizza was Outstanding!!! Great prices & the service was Outstanding too!!! Very please, nice ambience!! Will definately re visit!!

Reviewed 23 December 2016

We went for the lunch buffet and although the salad bar was very well stocked and tasty they dropped the ball on the pizza . They never had more than 3.5 pizza's on the bar ( and only room for one more), the hot pasta dish was soggy and cold, bread sticks were more like hockey sticks. The waitress was preoccupied with conversing with her regular customers. Not what I have found with other Pizza Hut restaurants .

Reviewed 2 September 2014

We like Pizza Hut Pizza alot. The thick crust is our favorite. We like going for their 5.00 lunches,

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Monday through Friday they offer a pizza and salad bar lunch buffet for only $6. Our group of 5 were happy to enjoy a good variety of salad vegetables and different pizzas. The pizzas were quickly replaced when they were taken. There were meaty, veggie, cheesy and dessert pizzas. The service was quick and friendly. This is a good lunch buffet.

2  Thank Rightwhale

Been to Pizza Hut? Share your experiences!