US$149
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

US$85
US$99
US$80
US$69
US$139
US$93
US$79
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

Comfort Inn(Ashland)
US$89
ComfortInn
US$120
US$110
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

White Oak Motel & Cottages(Holderness)(Great Value!)
US$109
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

US$199
US$160
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$188/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 August 2016

This is my first-ever review. I felt I needed to speak up or forever hold my peace.

I want D Acres place to thrive. I want it to be an example for others. I read and loved D Acres' mission statement and this is what drove me to bring my 3 kids and husband far out of our way to visit for a night. I wanted to expose them to a community that is doing their best to embrace an environmental ethic of sustainability. And perhaps they are doing their best, but there is definitely room for improvement here. The positive about D Acres: they have clearly made a lot of effort to live lightly on the land over the past 15+ years. They are the real deal in terms of where their hearts are. However, if they want to be an educational center that has a reach beyond the confines of their land, there is definitely room for improvement - in ways that are not difficult to do.

First and foremost, they could be welcoming, friendly, and engaging when guests arrive who are interested in what they are doing. As well, the photos here are deceiving. At one point it may have been kept up like in the photos. On our visit, the gardens and grounds were minimally tended and totally overgrown to the point it was difficult to walk through any of the gardens. The building smells like mold (less of an issue for us - but quite noticeable).

Regarding lack of friendliness... when we arrived, there was no one to be found. This wasn't particularly a problem - we just showed ourselves around. But when we finally entered the kitchen and found a fellow sitting there, he was texting on his phone and didn't look up to greet us. When we said we were the family coming to stay, he simply said "okay", barely looking up. No more said. We had to ask - where do we stay? Where do we park our car? His response - with a flat affect - was as minimal as possible. Just 2 to 3 words. It went on like this the remainder of our stay. At one point, my husband said - "I am curious about the things they do here, I realize it is a working farm, but when I have asked questions, if I am lucky I get 1-2 words in response, but more likely just a grunt or 'I don't know'."

There were 3 guys on the grounds, they all appeared sullen and uninterested in us being there, more like we were a burden. Overall, they seemed an unhappy bunch. Perhaps a bit overwhelmed? Maybe we were quite unappealing to them - mom and pop with kids? Incidentally, just prior to leaving, I explained to one fellow that I had spent my 20s living in a van (I am now 50) exploring intentional and sustainable communities around the country, that I had founded a Green Neighbors non-profit in my own community this past decade to support small community-based sustainability projects locally, and that I had been a climate change scientist in my prior career. And then suddenly there was interest in talking to me. I saw the first spark since I arrived. Seriously? If you are an educational center that aims to demonstrate and then bring sustainable practices to the wider world - you should be welcoming to each and every person who shows up to learn from you, no matter how little or much they have been exposed in the past!

As for the food and sleeping arrangements, the 5 of us were comfortable in the family room. The composting toilet worked great and the bathroom/ shower was comfortable. We slept well. We ate one breakfast and dinner there. Meals were very healthy. My family rated them 6/10 for tastiness. They make a good effort to keep the ingredients local.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank jordanjena
dacres, Owner at D Acres of New Hampshire, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

JordanJena dragged her family from the beach where they were happily kite surfing to give them exposure to a working farm. The family was not happy when they arrived. During the overnite stay her daughter was ill and threw up so I took a trip offsite to provide her with comforting orange juice. Her son then guzzled the oj and when JJ asked him to save some for his sister he told her to bugger off. My impression was that this was a self righteous woman trying to impose her vision on others without much success. We receive many visitors from around the world to share food and respect but this woman's insistence that her family have a farm experience created an ax to grind. As far as her evaluations of our gardening and cooking capacity, there is ample evidence provided via videos and customer reviews. My advice for JJ is to go where her family wants to go for vacation if she wants them to have a happy vacation. If they are not interested in healthy food, forests and farming, DAcres will make for a poor trip.

As a not for profit farm based educational homestead, we at D Acres are striving to accomplish many diverse goals. It is a lot of work, and sometimes we do get tired. Mostly weekdays are fully engaged with farming operations so if you are coming with the specific expectations, lettuce know so we can address those desires. In general we are fully focused on the day to day of keeping the farm operational while meeting the needs of guests and our community outreach programs. We are happy to cater to the needs of families by arrangement but it can be more difficult to adjust to impulsive, improvisational, vacation planning.

FYI During the summer we get drop-in guests and we host short term WWOOFers from around the world. Mostly this creates fantastic interactions and shared experiences as people from all walks of life and backgrounds interact. There are also times that I have witnessed negative interactions based upon perceptions of entitlement generated by paying guests or perception of lack of hospitality from our short term wwoofers. We continue to strive to create a balance that is comfortable as an organization in service to society.

Reviewed 28 January 2016

Staff are demonstrating clear evidence that sustainable living possible and using their place based educational programs to help many on their way to more independent lives. Their community building activities like Pot Luck supper with open mic plus other events keeps them locally based while Permaculture Programs and other workshops and speaking engagements spreads the word throughout the region that we can change in the face of climate change and resilience can be learned.

Room Tip: This is a working farm so expect some rough edges and exciting experiences not ony on farm but in the white mountains of NH
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Only stayed one night but wish it was more! A very difference experience, unlike anything I have ever done before. Definitely 'roughing it' by sleeping on a floor in a sleeping bag in a room full of people, but that's what I was prepared for. The staff is so relaxed & the food they cooked was AMAZING. At night we had a bonfire under the stars & it was great. The house is also a unique place, so many interesting nooks to explore & cool artwork on the walls, a gorgeous library full of fascinating books & farm animals outside! If you're up for the whole no frills camping experience then you MUST go to D Acres!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2014

A week at D Acres wasn't enough as I was just starting to settle in comfortably after a few days. This is a wonderful location for biking, hiking, and touring both the White Mountains and Eastern Vermont. The house if gorgeous with a comfy library, social area, an impressive kitchen, and walking trails right outside the door. You can be as sociable or solo as you like.

Room Tip: Private or hostel rooms share the same bathroom which has a great shower & compost toilet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We (2) liked our stay (1 night) at D Acres, because of the friendly hosts, the good food, the nice room, their library and the special features of this homestead. Everything contributed to a great experience and comfy stay. We were prepared and informed about the project and special eco emphasis of the place and that's why we choose D Acres. It was great for us Europeans to see a bit of a different kind of USA off the media cliche. We felt lucky to have found D Acres, would return again!

Room Tip: Any room will do after a full day's activities. It's the house, man!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends