“Nice variety of seafood”

Petey's Summertime Seafood
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Rye
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Hit Petey’s on way from Boston to Maine. Great views of the ocean. Nice menu. Plenty of seafood and cooking options. Chowder is excellent. Lobster excellent as well. Only downside is the service. It’s not the swiftest, and hostess was less than courteous. Would go back simply for the food and views.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

We live in the area and go here often and eat in the bar (mostly anytime of the year but the summer months). Love the food (always fresh), the atmosphere and the great service from a Kathy.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I have been here a number of times and I admit the food tastes good. The problem was the service. It was a long wait to begin with( and we were seated right away with a number of empty tables when we got there)It was about 15 minutes wait for a cup of chowder, after waiting some time to give our order. I ordered a combination meal, and got a wrong meal. I ended up waiting for my meal as my husband enjoyed his lunch. It was about 15 minutes more to get my meal. There was no compensation at all offered. Time spent here should have been 1/2 as long as we spent.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Oh my the lobster and fish and chips are the “BEST EVER”
It’s always packed! That tells you something right there
The staff r very proficient and friendly!
This establishment is and has been the best around!

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Let me start off by saying we planned for this. There were just two of us,

We've heard marvelous things about Petey's amazing fried seafood and just knew we must try. Afterall, its always busy as the parking is along the main road and busy=good. We went on a saturday arrived at 5pm. we knew it would be a wait, we were told 30 mins by the really nice girl at the front. She looked a little frazzled. Finding parking is stress enough. Tiny parking lot and overflow on the road can go on forever. Take caution when driving as pedestrians are walking, bikers, people in general.
We got our buzzer and decided to wait outside. nice summer day, why not. We enjoyed watching the expensive cars fight over the tiny parking lot spaces seeing who could win.
After about 40 minutes I went in to check to see where we were on the list. We heard people coming out saying it was 2 hours plus for waiting. We were buzzed and were seated right inside the door on the right. Not too bad, but one guy tripped on the stair and almost flew into my booth. Very awkward location to sit.
The waitress came over and took our drink order and food as we knew exactly what we wanted and were hungry and spent our wait time looking over the menu. Waitress looked frazzled and came back and practically slammed our drinks down spilling some before dashing off to take another order.
We waited about 20 mins for two rolls, one each, and were ravenous at this point.
Another 25 minutes and our food arrived. We ordered the baked haddock and scallops and baked haddock and lobster stuffing.
50 minutes for food was a bit ridiculous. we were so ravenous practically wanted to eat the placemat and the place was FREEZING cold. Bathrooms were small and dingy and hard to get in and out when busy. 57 dollars for two dinners and soda which is average, however from starting point to leaving was 2 hours.
just too long for average seafood, frazzled staff and really yucky bathrooms.