Rattle River Lodge and Hostel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Town & Country Inn and Resort(Gorham)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$94
Royalty Inn(Gorham)
US$104
US$92
TripAdvisor
Top Notch Inn(Gorham)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$94
Northern Peak Motor Inn(Gorham)(Great Value!)
US$70
Travelocity
Mt Madison Inn & Suites(Gorham)(Great Value!)
US$89
Inn At Bowman(Randolph)
US$249
The Bethel Inn Resort(Bethel)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$97
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsappalachian trailstayed herewhite mountainshikersbunklaundrybedsguests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2015

If you are looking for inexpensive but clean, fun and friendly accommodations, this is the place for you! It's more like a bed and breakfast. There are some private rooms, some semi private rooms, rooms with many beds, you can pitch a tent outside, and all guests are given a giant homemade breakfast the next morning. The owner, Marnie, is so hospitable and will do whatever she can so that you will enjoy your stay, as will her employees. Because most of Marnie's clientele is hikers, the vibe is friendly and relaxed. There is an outdoor porch area, a fire pit, and a living room with a tv and many board games, so it really lends itself to meeting people, hanging out, and relaxing. I am not typically a hostel type of gal, as I am very picky about my accommodations, especially the cleanliness, and I was beyond pleased. My husband and I would love to make this an annual trip! If you a hiker, which I am not, you will find this completely luxurious, with hot showers, a comfortable bed, a shuttle service to nearby Pinkham Notch, a freezer full of ice cream and pizza for guests to purchase, and they will even do your laundry. I cannot stress enough how wonderful this place is!

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank honorthyharley
Reviewed 15 August 2015

We stayed here as we had heard it was close to the Appalachian Trail and we enjoyed our stay. Breakfast is part of their pricing and worth the few extra dollars. The Hostel has only been open since 2013 and is one of the best AT Hiker Hostel I've stayed at during my 950+ miles of AT Section Hiking. As a Senior there are some things I prefer and White Mts exceeds my needs!

Room Tip: It's a Hostel with rooms with bunk beds on the 2nd floor and a room with 2 beds on the first floor!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2015

I have stayed in a lot of hostels around the world and I think White Mountain Lodge and Hostel is the best place I have ever stayed! Not only is it a clean, comfortable, beautiful home, but it is in a great location for access to amazing hikes in the white mountains. The staff there is so knowledgeable about the area and very happy to point you in the right direction for whatever activities or hikes you are wanting to do. the breakfasts are AMAZING! and I couldn't believe that the price was so low for what you get out of your stay. Hotels in the areas are way more expensive and not nearly as nice as this hostel, and you get the added benefit of feeling like you are part of the community there....I was just there to do day hiking and it was fun to meet a ton of AT through hikers that shared their stories from the trail. The absolute best thing about the hostel is the owner Marnie who is the most friendly, kind, welcoming person you could every meet and she really made our time at the hostel a memorable experience - she is providing a wonderful service to visitors to the area and makes you feel completely at home when visiting this beautiful area.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2015 via mobile

This hostel has it all. Hot showers, free laundry (done for you by the staff!), comfy beds, town clothes, yummy breakfast and amazing hospitality. It is like hanging out at your cool aunt's house and having a slumber party with all of your hiker friends! And it is sooo clean here! Zero day? Try double zero. It is like a vortex of awesome that makes it hard to leave.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Stayed here for a couple nights as a friend and I were passing through NH. Amazing hostel and hosts. Everyone working there was really friendly and helpful. Bunk was comfy. Nice outdoor yard where we had a campfire. Breakfast was good and really big.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends