All reviews appalachian trail stayed here white mountains laundry bunk hikers sinks beds guests
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

If you are looking for an amazing place to stay while trekking through the whites, look no further, this is your place! I stayed here during my 2015 thru hike of the Appalachian trail, and it was my favorite stay along the way. The lodge is comfortable and clean, and the staff are wonderful. They honestly thought of everything from loner clothes so you can take a shower and wash all of your clothes, to a crazy amazing breakfast in the morning to fuel you for a beautiful day of hiking. I cannot say enough good things about the White Mountains Lodge and their welcoming staff. It's truly a can't miss spot!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2016

Great location. Great Price. Great Staff. Great Amenities. I found this hiking the 4 thousand footers. There's no better option in the Northern part of the Whites. Here you'll get a clean place, and breakfast, and a shuttle to Pinkham to let you access many of the trails. Careful not to confuse it with the White Mountain Hostel in Conway.

Room Tip: Ask about shuttle service to your trailhead for both pickup and drop off
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We came for 2 days and a little bit of hiking. Most people were hiking the AT. SOBO and NOBO. Marni, the owner has the process down to a science. She washes your clothes, a clean bed, shuttle to Walmart for supplies and one of her great breakfasts. Everyone is so friendly and the accommodations are clean comfortable. Her breakfasts are HUGE, varied, and flavorful. Yum!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

First came here during my thru-hike. Been coming back every year since. Friendly staff, super clean, great breakfast, free shuttle to resupply, and they do your laundry for you. What more can a hiker ask for?

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

When I arrived on Sunday June 26th at about 1:30 in the afternoon the owner Marni welcomed me with open arms and a wonderful smile - I was dead tired exhausted and needed a shower and my laundry done and she accommodated me immediately. I have walked about 480 miles of the Appalachian Trail - all the other hospitals are very nice I have to say this was Top Shelf - I felt like I was at a B&B by the way I was treated. Melissa who also works there along with Eric and another gentleman and I apologize I can't remember his name they are also thru-hikers of the Appalachian Trail so they understood the needs of a hiker. I woke up the following morning and I think I had had the best breakfast that was made by Melissa - it was awesome - again did I say it was awesome. Whether you're a section hiker, thru-hiker or just passing through town on vacation I would highly recommend the White Mountain Lodge and hostel. I think you Marnie and the staff for treating all of us so well and equal - looking forward to bringing my wife up some day just to say hello.

Michael Allison