“The Real Deal”

Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in Wolfeboro, at 14 Union Street, next to Town Hall. This authentic family owned Mexican restaurant serves from 11am to 10pm on weekdays, and til 12am on the weekends. You can eat in, take out, or have it delivered.
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

We’ve been twice since discovering this little gem in October. I love “real” tamales and these were real and good. Even better, the sauces on my combo were excellent; especially the mole. This mole was a nearly perfect spicy, sweet and cocoa flavor that is hard to do well but they did it. My wife had the tequila/lime shrimp which had 8 HUGE shrimp though she said the lime tequila flavor was not there. Service was leisurely but competent though we wished they’d told us we had to ask for chips and salsa to start the first time we visited.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Wonderfully prepared Mexican menu. Excellent variety with full bar service. Fried ice cream not to be missed

Reviewed 23 October 2017

My husband & I visited the town of Wolfeboro while vacationing at Lake Winnipesauke. Typically, we do not dine out for Mexican as most restaurants are so Americanized and predictable. However, after seeing reviews for this place, we figured we'd give it a try for lunch. The service and food were very good. It's a small place, very clean and colorful, tables have linens. We shared guacamole made table side to our taste and then shared a conchinita pibil (slow cooked pork) served with flour tortillas and rice & beans (you make the wraps yourself). Was very delicious & did not leave us feeling "heavy". The Mexican pineapple soda was delish too - very quenching. I hope they prosper.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

With the millions of various Mexican restaurants that crop up, this place takes the cake. The environment is very intimate and inviting with multiple tables and a bar for people to take part in. This place was recommended to me from a friend and I'm so glad I went. Their margaritas and mojitos were amazing and everything on the menu we tried was absolutely delicious. It was extremely authentic and was worth every penny. It was even reasonably priced which took the cake. I would continue to travel to this restaurant for its absolutely to die for food and friendly staff.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

What a find! Friendly staff and great drinks. Plenty of food, and oh so yummy. The waitress offered some suggestions, and she was so right. Would go back in a heartbeat.