“The best steak on a stone ever”
Review of Solar do Minho

Solar do Minho
Reserve with OpenTable
Solar do Minho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Belleville
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington Ave.
Reviewed 17 March 2015

This place is amazing. We go every few months. It can be a little pricey but well worth it. The steak on a stone is to die for as is the sangria, seafood, and appetizers

Reviewed 14 March 2015 via mobile

Parking is weird. There's valet, but the valet attendants are suspect and not at all inviting.

The restaurant is not big or maybe it is and just feels cramped. Once seated, I was fine. I don't like to feel like I'm on top of people and where we were situated was perfect.

Our server was all over the place. He may just have been overwhelmed with the amount of people he had to attend to as it was a Friday evening. I've had better service and I've also had worse, but it doesn't take much to please me. As long as the food and atmosphere are good, I'm good.

Sangria was awesome. We ordered red sangria in a small pitcher and it lasted all evening, until we were ready to leave.

I ordered the scallops stuffed with crab meat in clam shells. They were good, not the best I've ever tasted but good.

Our main courses consisted of shrimps with garlic sauce, rice, beans, veggies, fries and the infamous "Rodizio" where you can experience different slow roasted and rotisserie meats brought out to you on skewers and carved for you.

Everything was excellent. The portions are pretty big. I didn't finish it all.

Overall, our experience was pretty good. I would recommend this place and will probably be returning in the future.

xoxo

1  Thank Tashakane
Reviewed 20 February 2015 via mobile

Squeezed onto a small side street, you wouldn't expect much from the restaurant. However, the food and sangria were great, service was good and the outdoor dining area was enjoyable on a late summer evening.

Reviewed 25 January 2015 via mobile

I have been going to solar do Minho for 9 years and never had a problem. This time around was a HUGE HUGE HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! There are three sections to solar's dining area. A main dining area, which is always a delight with great servers and service and you can see where they roast the meats for their rodizio A seating area next to the bar which is subpar if anything and a small area after the bathrooms, which is probably the area in which people are forgotten the most. I have sat in this area before and had problems but decided with the great service I usually get in the main dining area, I would let it slide, but this time was just ridiculous. The server, Evert, rarely came to our table and tended more to the table with more than 2 people and that were sharing drinks with him. He never refilled our water and when he did it was an hour later, he brought us lukewarm water and didn't even fill the glass, nor did he return with another pitcher, he just left it halfway.... I noticed I wasn't the only one when someone from another table had to go to the bar to ask for a glass because our waiter could not be seen or he couldn't get his attention. I am very very disappointed. Love the food, love the service in the main dining room, but this was just terrible. My advice, get a table in the main dining room for a great experience, avoid the tiny dining room with the inattentive waiter.

6  Thank Jenny S
Reviewed 2 January 2015

Came here for New Year's eve and expected chaos. But, they sat us within 10 minutes and altho the restaurant was completely full, the staff was attentive, efficient and made sure we were happy with everything, throughout the entire meal. The rodizio was $32.99, and meats were all delicious, tho the sausage was a bit salty. Rodizio also included varieties of chicken, lamb, pork, ribeye, prime rib, turkey, sirloin, bacon-wrapped meats, and pineapple with cinnamon for dessert. the meal also included fries and black beans. Coffees available were cappuccino, lattes, regular or decaf, and of course, tea.

It's in a residential area so can be hard to find but it's worth the trip!