“Will be missed”
Review of cerrato's restaurant - CLOSED

cerrato's restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Famous restaurant in Bradley Beach on Jersey Shore.
Reviewed 1 January 2015

I loved this place when it was opened, however, they have closed. Haven't tried the new place there yet but we will see this month, I plan to visit and try

Reviewed 29 November 2014

This is an update on an earlier review I wrote. Since I have not lived in Bradley Beach for the last two years, I have had little opportunity to dine at Cerrato's. While visiting Bradley Beach over Thanksgiving I discovered that, unfortunately, Cerrato's has closed. There is a new restaurant on that site called Nonno's. I have not had the chance to eat there. Perhaps next time I visit my family in the area. If you were planning to dine at Cerrato's on your next visit to the Jersey Shore, there are other fine places to dine. To name a few - Giamanno's, which has live blues and jazz music on weekends; Uva (formerly Piancone's); Citericos continental (on same block as Uva; ask for Mike). All of these are on Main St. Then there is Bella Sogno's (Beautiful Dream) on Brinley Ave (ask for Joe). If you are in the mood for Asian food there is Osaka at the Station (on Main St - one of the best Japanese places I have ever visited); Bamboo Leaf - fine Vietnamese and southeast Asian cuisine, also on Main St. For brick oven pizza, there is only one place to go - Del Ponte's Coal Fired Pizza on Brinley Ave (just off Main St. - ask for Pasquale) - it was named the best coal fired brick oven pizza in NJ in 2012 by NJ 1010.5 radio. There you have it. There are other places, but these are the best. (I think they should pay me finder's fees for posting this to Trip Advisor!)

Reviewed 29 September 2014

Lived for years in Bradly Beach. while there are numerous good eating houses in the town, Cerrato's has become my favorite. Menu selections are excellent, always well prepared, served promptly and always has met my expectations. The atmosphere is pleasant, not too darkly lighted like some Italian places are. The owner greets every customer as if he or she were his favorite. He also comes to each table to inquire about your dinner and its quality. If you speak a little Italian, he will banter with you. Always friendly. Never disappointed. Prices are very good by comparison to other Jersey Shore restaurants.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have been to Cerrato's multiple times and have had a good experience every time. The food is consistently good and the service is excellent. They have a great singer who performs everything from Sinatra to "Under the Boardwalk". It is not uncommon to see tables all singing along with the performer. It is a BYOB so the cost is quite reasonable. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We went last night and it started out okay with fried calamari and a basil/parsley pesto to dip our bread it. The entrees were terrible. My husband said his beef (the sunday gravy special) was tough although he ate it anyway. I had shrimp scampi with broccoli and linguine. The linguine was over-cooked and there was no scampi sauce, just a thick tasteless flour mixture. I ate the shrimp but nothing else. My mom had prime rib which was not prime rib at all, but was some kind of beef which was cut really thick and tough was very tough. The gravy was canned tasting and watered down. She had mashed potatoes which surprised her because all the potato skins were mixed in with the potato. She brought her beef home for the dogs. Needless to say we will not be going back again.

1  Thank Frank A