“Omg!!!! A wedding in my mouth!”
Review of The Crab Shack

The Crab Shack
Ranked #6 of 35 Restaurants in Brigantine
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Wow. Really unexpected delightful food from a local fish market/takeout type restaurant. We got the fish and chips, which was halibut! I never had thin halibut before, but it was out of this world. A light herbed breadding fried to perfection. Delicious basket of fries. The sweet potato fries were some of the best I've had. A tiny bit of cinnamon I detected. Nothing was too salty either. The cole slaw was a crisp fresh taste that accompanied the fried food with just the right amount of zing. We also got a pound of coconut shrimp! They were some of the best I've eaten. Drenched in shredded coconut and crumbs, the fresh shrimp taste enmeshed in coconut just exploded with flavor in my mouth like end No of e 1812 overature! They were not cheap but so worth the splurge. I didn't tast the crab cake dinner that another one of our group had, but they seemed to enjoy it fully. It looked good too. The only complaint I have is that they do not use a quality or homemade tartar and cocktail sauce. But they have it to sell!

1  Thank whyner

Reviewed 25 June 2017

We were supposed to get to Brigantine early enough for me to make the family's dinner in our vacation condo, but the traffic was really bad, and the 4 hour drive took 6 hours. We arrived very hungry and none of us wanted to wait for me to make dinner at 8:15 at night. We headed to our "safe" choice, a Greek restaurant that had a lot of options for my gluten-free daughter. Unfortunately, we found it had permanently closed. Trying find a gluten-free dinner in the land of pizza and subs is not easy when the kid doesn't eat salad, chicken or hamburger. Seafood wasn't our first choice because we were hoping for cheap eats and our daughter isn't a big seafood fan. Well, we didn't know where to find gluten-free pizza and broiled/steamed seafood seemed like the closest, easiest choice. We figured if she's hungry enough, she'll eat it. If she doesn't, more for us. We, her parents love seafood.

We ordered a take-out family meal B (broiled)- 7 scallops, 7 or 8 shrimp, flounder, heaps of fries, and cole slaw. Just enough for us. By some people's standards, we eat a small evening meal. We also took home a container of crab bisque, but we didn't eat it until today. It took nearly no time at all for our food to be prepared. The staff was really nice about the fact that we walked in at 8:15 pm and they closed at 8:30. The food was delicious! Super fresh, too.

This wasn't our first visit to the Crab Shack. We were there last Father's Day for take-out. They were out of lobsters, but the staff people at the counter were very cheerful and accommodating. They suggested we get some lobsters from the Acme since they were on sale. So, we bought shrimp, soup and sides there, and got the lobsters and clams at Acme. It made us want to come back if we had another opportunity.

I felt the prices were reasonable. Not cheap, not expensive. We recommend the Crab Shack to anyone looking for a fresh seafood meal in Brigantine. Good food, nice people. Fair price.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

We arrived on Tuesday night at 8:30.....they stop "seated" service at 8:15.( They close at 9) The owners wife, who was also our waitress, said, No problem. We sat, ordered and thoroughly enjoyed all our entrees. One Fish and Chips - 6 pcs. of Halibut, super fresh, One Crab cake - my sister in law is a connoisseur of crab cakes, she was blown away..all crab. Fantastic. One Fried Flounder - Fresh and very nice size and One Fried shrimp and crab cake...also very good.

Most of the business is for take out. They only have room for 18 ppl..4 tables of 2, one table for 4 and 1 table for 6.

Desert - Key Lime Pie....next time, we were stuffed. Its a BYOB.

We'll definitely be back and would drive 30 minutes to enjoy this place!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Can't believe we didn't find this place sooner. Totally under the radar is my impression unless you live in Brigantine. Fresh, reasonably priced seafood and BYOB! Not real fancy and it's a small place, but the owner is very nice and it's a great place to eat.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for fresh seafood, go to the Crab Shack when in Brigantine. We did take out twice during our week long stay. The lobster roll is an absolute must. Loaded with lobster and not too much mayo. Delicious bun with a hint of sweetness. And the crab cake can't be missed. All crab. Made fresh while you wait. We also had broiled shrimp, salmon and swordfish entrees for take out another night. All delicious! To top it all off, very friendly service. There are a handful of tables in an adjoining room if you choose to eat in. We'll def be back.