We headed down the weekend of October 14 - 16th and the rates were no bargain - $153 (plus various taxes) per night. We were told we were getting an Ocean View suite. That was partially true. If you stood out on the balcony and faced due east, then yes, you could see the ocean. In fact, we had a pool view suite. Let's discuss the suite. Tiny bedroom which was poorly lit except for the two windows (which tilt inward) facing the parking lot which were frosted, but had NO window covering. Yes, we ended up propping various pillows in the window sill to try to block out the parking lot lights when it came time to sleep. Tiny bathroom with the switch to turn on the bathroom light only several inches from the shower curtain. The kitchenette had no drawers, which meant that the silverware and various other kitchen supplies were under the sink/counter area in close proximity to the trash can. Strange. One large flat screen TV without high definition and one small older TV in the bedroom area. Nothing like a plastic upholstered sofa to really feel like we were surrounded by luxury. No bargain. Would not return. We stopped by the hotel next door "The Ocean Club", and for similar costs will stay there next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Cape May Hotels go the Periwinkle Inn is top of the line! Cape May, NJ is Americas very first seashore resort, and it is the home of the oceanfront Periwinkle Inn Hotel. Cape May is located at mile zero on the Garden State Parkway. The Periwinkle Inn is located on famous Beach Avenue, with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and steps from the white sands of Cape May Beach! All boutique-like rooms offer modern amenities including flat screen TV's, free wi-fi, microwaves, refrigerators and ocean views with private balconies or patios. We have 7 different styles of rooms including 2 room suites. Our Five star outdoor pool is heated and includes free pool/beach towels. We offer new chic designs while giving our guests an unmatched level of service. We care and we do everything to service our guests and provide wonderful vacation memories. Our hotel attracts travelers from all over the world. The Periwinkle Inn has a distinctive waterfront location, and is right where the Cape May promenade starts. We are located in the heart of Cape May City around many restaurants, sightseeing and everything else Cape May's got to offer. With a large heated pool, shuffleboard court, sandbox, BBQ grills surrounded by flowering gardens, we provide an ideal location for your Cape May family vacation. Stay with us, you will call it your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, AAE Travel Pte Ltd and Agoda so you can book your Periwinkle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Periwinkle Hotel Cape May
- Periwinkle Motel Cape May