“Great location”

The Mason Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #19 of 40 Cape May B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2017

The bed and breakfast has a great location. Park your car and walk anywhere. Room was clean and comfortable. Great friendly hostess. Only negative is since there is no parking at inn, could have a problem finding unmetered parking, but we did find parking two blocks away.

Room Tip: Rose room was small but comfortable. A/C was a little noisy
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
PNut623, Manager at The Mason Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

mss125,
Thank you for your review! Yes, parking in Cape May during the summer months can be challenging however most of the folks find plenty of free parking as you did, just a short walk away. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and look forward to your return!

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Me and my husband just got home from another awesome stay at the Mason Cottage. This was our 3rd time & each visit gets better & better!! Our room is spotless, food is delicious & plentiful & the staff go out of their way to make you feel relaxed and comfortable. The location is fabulous!! Once you get to Cape May - park your car & leave it - you won't need it !! We have recommended Mason Cottage to all of our family & friends looking to come to Cape May!!

Room Tip: We love all the rooms!!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
PNut623, Manager at The Mason Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Amy N,
Thank you for your kind review! I'm so glad you and your husband had a great time. You just missed the stormy days and had such great weather. We always love having ya'll return, it's like family coming to visit with our repeat guests! Be well and we will see you again soon!

Love and gratitude,

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

I called the actual day to check the availability for 1 night. She was very surprised that we only want to stay for one night and was already kind of unfriendly. She put me on hold for at least 5 minutes (which is quite expensive if you don't have an american phone). After waiting for 5 minutes I hung up. I called again after about five minutes, as soon as she heard my name, she put me on hold again. I tried to call again twice, they didn't even pick up the phone. I can't actually say something about the accomodation, but I really don't like to stay there after this very not customer-oriented behaviour!!! You should probably change the industry, that is not how you behave towards possible customers (I am from this industry as well and I know how it should be!!!)

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ClaSchu
PNut623, Manager at The Mason Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear ClaSchu,

I am very sorry to hear you had this experience. I regret to say I do not recall this situation at all and while I have a lovely staff that help me at the inn, there are only two of us that cover the phones and reservations. Based on the date of your review, we did have rooms available that night, for a one night stay and we would have been quite happy to book that room. While I can honestly say that there are times when the phone rings and a guest is approaching is in house with questions, we still do not typically put guests on hold. As a matter of fact, we do not have a hold option with our phone system. ClaSchu, I take the industry and job of hospitality rather seriously, as does my staff and can assure you this is NOT typical behavior of any of us, as you can see by the many positive reviews. While I am sorry for your experience, I sincerely hope you don't have us confused with another property you may have called.

Wishing you a peaceful day,

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I just returned from a weekend away to The Mason Cottage. It was exactly what the doctor ordered. I arrived to a friendly staff, a quaint room, tons of charm and best of all... a BEAUTIFUL covered front porch. This is where I spent most of my time ;)
The innkeeper and all the staff were cheerful and helpful. The food we were served for breakfast as well as Tea Time was delicious.
I also truly appreciated and enjoyed how once I parked my car on the first day, I didn't have to step foot in it again until I left. Everything I wanted to do was in walking distance. Tons of shopping, lots of excellent food, the beach... everything.
I cannot WAIT to go back! Thank you for making my stay so memorable.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Dear ChristieGim,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm so happy your enjoyed your retreat! The porch is really quite lovely, isn't it! We look forward to your return!!!

Patti and the Mason Cottage Staff

Reviewed 15 June 2017

My wife and I stayed here on our ten year anniversary of being together. We were married in Cape May, and we thought it would've been perfect to stay here again ten years later. We had a great time here. Each breakfast was delicious and homemade. My wife also has several diet restrictions, and the staff were beyond accommodating. They even went to the grocer to buy certain items for my wife. The sitting room on the first floor was cozy and inviting, and a great place to hang out during down time. We stayed in the spa suite and it was beautiful. It also had a cozy little sitting room, along with a giant spa room equipped with a spa table. It was perfect for relaxing. Our room was also spotless. Very nice little romantic spot for a getaway weekend!

Room Tip: Pick the spa suite!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
PNut623, Manager at The Mason Cottage Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear Nick G.
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so glad you and your wife enjoyed your stay! We are always happy to accommodate any diet restrictions. We want our guests to feel right at home...without all the work! We look forward to your return! Have a great summer.