“Can't wait until next year!”
Review of Highland House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Highland House
Ranked #23 of 39 Cape May B&B and Inns
Brooklawn, New Jersey
“Can't wait until next year!”
Reviewed 29 November 2011

September was our 3rd visit and as always, my 4 Golden Retrievers and I had a great time! The first 2 years, we stayed in Room II, but this year we tried Room I. Both are suites with their own deck/patio areas. Both were perfect for our needs. We love it there! I've never found the place to be anything but spotless and the breakfasts are delicious. Like I said in a previous review, if you're looking for fancy, you should go to one of the high end B&B's in town. There are some wonderful ones. But if you want a cozy, visiting a friend type atmosphere where you can bring your best friends, then Highland House is the place for you. I don't know how Terry does it, but she's up at the crack of dawn to make sure we have a delicious breakfast. When the last dish is washed, she's off to clean whichever rooms need to be cleaned that day. (I've seen it with my own eyes. She really does it all!!). With all of that, she still has time to make each guest and their dog/dogs feel at home. I've seen some less than positive reviews, which make me sad because I've never seen any of the negatives mentioned. I would never stay anywhere else. In fact, we enjoy it so much that I made next year's reservations as soon as we got home from our last visit! 2012 will be bittersweet because I just lost Cassie, so September was her last visit.. How she loved Cape May!!

Room Tip: The 2 rooms in the back are suites. Each has it's own deck/patio area and are perfect in a case...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Goldenmom_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We have been visiting the Highland House for many years and love everything about it!!! Terry is a wonderful hostess and is so welcoming to all of her guests. Terry is what Highland House is all about!

We love you Terry and Dave and can't wait to see both of you again!!! Hugs from the pups!

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank LoveDogz
Westmont, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I have personally stayed at Highland House at least 4 times and I found it comfortable clean and cozy and the 90 year old lady (Terry) is quite capable of cooking breakfast and keeping her kitchen clean. There was a young lady changing the bedding and cleaning the rooms. Dave Ripoli the owner loves animals and wants to give every guest all the comforts of home. I love the outside private decks there and the hospitable innkeeper. Please don't take somebody's negative review weigh your decision on staying here....not sure what their motivation is but it is clearly unfounded. I have stayed at many hotels and Inn's in Cape May but my husband and I find ourselves back to this cute cozy place year after year.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
pa
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We have stayed at the Highland House and nearby cottage in the Villas numerous times with our pets and we love it! From the minute we pull up and park the dogs know where we are.Innkeeper Terry is the BEST! she is always waiting with a big hug and kiss for us and the dogs,they know her as grandmom Terry. I absolutely LOVE breakfast,or anytime for that matter,talking to Terry,she has years of wisdom and i find her truly amazing that shes still doing what shes doing at her age!
The rooms are very comfortable for both human and beast,i love the fact that there is a sheet out on every couch to lay out in case your pet wants to sleep on a couch or a bed. My male Pug is very nervous in most situations but he seems so relaxed at Highland,even when we go out and come back.
Dave is very helpful,does whatever he can to squeeze us in,even at the last minute! and does not charge a dog fee,which,for us is amazing because we have three and one is a bullmastiff.
It bothers me when SOME people give this establishment a bad rating,remember its pet friendly,you dont like that? TAKE YOUR BEHIND SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!
My husband and i will continue to bring our pets to Highland House for as long as Dave abd Terry will have us.

Room Tip: If you have larger dogs,Pet room I and II are ideal,they are in the back of the house with their own...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We are hooked on Highland House Bed and Breakfast. We stay there EVERY time we go to Cape May, NJ and wouldn't even consider another place. Our dogs love it too. Terri, the owner's Mother who helps run the place is a total gem and a real delight to get to know. She also makes a great breakfast. We haven't found an efficiency or guest room there yet that we haven't loved. They are all cozy and welcoming. If you want to stay at a place that makes you AND your dogs feel 100% welcome, do yourself a favor and stay at Highland House.

Room Tip: We love all the rooms there but if you want to save money and do some of your own cooking, they have...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple