“Continued letdown...”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Way down from its heyday..but certainly not its prices! Many people still swear by this place, but the casual 'old character' has turned into an establishment in need of a good cleaning...I kid you not. Rustic charm doesn't mean cobwebs...just look up and see. The for food...not impressed. I've grilled better steaks -- of better quality -- at home as of recent. Aged Prime cuts do not exist here. Any Choice cuts are likely now reduced to Select, or at least taste/chews like Select. Quality control no longer appears to be existance. Quite honestly, they should have been ashamed of the porterhouse they last served to me. Sorry to say, I've had my last meal at SSSs after thirty (30+) years of being a customer.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Brosker

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Expected to get a delicious steak but got an average steak. Started with a very boring side salad. Asked if I could get a baked potato but only french fries are available. The steaks arrived covered with french fries on a small platter. Had to do some rearranging so I could cut the steak. This was not a melt in your mouth delicious steak. I was very disappointed in the quality of the meat and was expecting better. I’m sure Steves has seen better days but I would not recommend this Steak House. I did get a history lesson from the newspaper article on the wall by the table. The original owner was in a plane crash in 1952 and helped rescue a number of passengers on a DC6 that crashed near Elizabeth.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 22 April 2018

I have been to Steve's many times. First off this place isn't a high end steakhouse and most of us like it that way. I've had mostly fantastic service and food from Steve's over the years, and thats why I keep going back.

As for the food, the steak is salty, yes, that is the signature of the place. The dinners are so simple and made that way on purpose. It's the ideal dinner you get a salad, steak and steak fries, and anything else you may want to add on the side.

Steves isn't a huge place so large groups will want to look elsewhere for dinner. But if you want a fantastic steak cooked perfectly every time, this is the place for you. I would go here over other generic steak houses in a heartbeat.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Ken F
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Large business group maybe 11 or so. We were sat but told we HAD TO ORDER NOW.. even though the rest of our party hadnt arrived. I said but we are waiting until our whole party arrives before we order food!! No you have to order NOW. That was the weirdest experience i have had. So we continued to argue and couldnt leave as the rest of the party were enroute. We made it VERY CLEAR WE DONT WANT OUR FOOD... 2 seconds later our watery salad arrives.. WTF!! We made it clear NO MORE FOOD until all orders are in and its all ready. Then finally all party is there ordered.. steak as we are in a steakhouse. Omg SALTY!! NO one finished it!!! Never bother with this place there are better locations around. The atmosphere didnt even matter as the experience and food horrible!

Date of visit: January 2018
3  Thank jamiegarnet
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Steve's has been serving steaks for 81 years and even after being away and out of state for 23 years coming back to get a sizzling steak with mushrooms and steak fries was like going home to mama's! Cant be beat for price or quality. Get there early because it packs them in!!

Date of visit: March 2018