Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands
Econo Lodge(Carlstadt)(Great Value!)
US$72
EconoLodge
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

US$169
Fairfield Inn East Rutherford Meadowlands(East Rutherford)(Great Value!)
US$119
Fairfield Inn
US$189
Residence Inn
Holiday Inn Hasbrouck Heights(Hasbrouck Heights)(Great Value!)
US$124
HolidayInn.com
Renaissance Meadowlands Hotel(Rutherford)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$178
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
US$109
US$149
US$107
All reviewsport authoritynew york citygreat hotelbus stopinto nycfree breakfastpancake makerindoor poolcinnamon bunsattending an eventtypical hietimes squareeasy access to nycmin driveparking lothotel is cleanthe breakfast area
Reviewed 20 June 2017

This hotel is very close to the MetLife stadium, not really walking distance but close for driving. This hotel has free parking and internet. The rooms are clean and well kept. The staff is friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is OK, nothing real special but meets a normal free breakfast. We have stayed in this hotel for the last three years while attending an event at the stadium. Not much to see in the immediate area as appears to be more industrial, but there is a restaurant/bar located next door. We did not try so not sure if it is good. Seems like a safe area.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Flore D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to extend my sincere thanks for having chosen Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands for your recent stay and leaving us such a delightful review. It was indeed our privilege to serve you, we are so proud to have you as our guest. We would love to see you as our regular guest and eagerly waiting to serve you again with most memorable experience. Thank you again for your continuous loyalty to our brand and hope you continue using IHG Hotels for your future travel needs.

Heartfelt Thank you for sharing all your nice comments. I am pleased to hear that the accommodation and service were to your liking. I am very happy that you have enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We strive to provide our guests with best attentive services at a value conscious price. And I am glad that we are successful in our efforts to make you most happy. We expect your future stay at our property will be your wonderful recall. Once again we do appreciate your stay and would love to have a pleasure of seeing you again on your next trip to our city.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

My first impression of the hotel was "WOW", the room was immaculate; the furniture and light fixtures look very modern. The bed was comfortable and the staff were very helpful. The bus stop is a short walk down the road(sidewalk available), takes you straight to Port Authority(NYC). My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, the first night was great, the second night was not so great. After exploring the city all day, we come back to the hotel to hear footsteps from children running up and down the halls for hours. The hotel booked a a large group with children that same night. I am not sure if it is was the kids we should be mad at, or the thin ceilings, but we could not sleep a wink that night. We complained to the staff and they were eager to resolve the issue. However, since they were sold out, there were no rooms to switch that night. However, the next day, we were able to switch to the 5th floor. The staff apologized and offered a refund for the one night. On a side note, the continental breakfast was good, but the eating area was kind of crowded(could/should be enlarged)

Room Tip: top floor of hotel is quieter
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Flore D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
We want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that occur during your stay with us.
It is our goal to consistently provide great customer service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guest, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be provided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

A good hotel for short-term stay. Free breakfast (basic dishes). Free wi fi all over the territory. Free parking slots around the building.

15 min drive to NY, provided non-congested traffic. Calm neighbourhood (better to have car for accessing the hotel and nearby, as was informed, only one public bus line available nearby, every 15-20 min). Staff is cheerful and helpful.

Room was small, yet included all necessities. Welcoming coffee and tea facilities available. Bathroom was clean, and had basic toiletries. Cleaning service provided daily. HD channels on TV (primarily in English).

Cons faced: 2,5 USD per 0,5 Lt water is too much:)

Room Tip: We had room on 3rd floor, it was quiet, and viewing the front of the building
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Flore D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to write such a nice review. We are happy to hear that we were at your satisfaction during your recent stay with us. I am delighted our staff made it comfortable and enjoyable for you. We strive to provide our guests with best attentive services at a value conscious price. And I am glad that we are successful in our efforts to make you most happy. We expect your future stay at our property will be your wonderful recall.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

189.95 for the night, a Tuesday mind you, with no events in, or near town.
The room was average at best. No shower curtain in the room. Stood in hallway with just a towel until I was taken seriously.
That's it. I could go in over the disappointment of spending close to 2 bills for a room that reminded me of an Econo lodge.
If staying...... good luck. Breakfast was the only thing that kept me there longer than I wanted to stay.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Flore D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Reviewed 2 May 2017

I think it's important to start by saying that you need to have reasonable expectations in life. You don't stay at a Holiday Inn with customer service and facility expectations that you might have of a Ritz-Carlton. Although I'm a Holiday Inn Priority Club Rewards member, my primary criteria for choosing a hotel is a clean and quiet room, followed by price so I'll stay at other hotel chains as well based on reviews on TripAdvisor and other sites. With that being said, I've stayed at Holiday Inn's around the World and the US and had great experiences.

However, I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands twice over the last few years and neither time had an acceptable experience. Back in 2014 when I checked in I was given a room that was a complete disaster. Not only was the room a complete mess with the prior guests leftover food all over, towels and sheets not changed, etc. but it took approximately 60 minutes to be provided a room that was ready for occupancy.

Most recently I made a reservation and requested a quiet room specifying a higher floor; away from ice & vending machines; away from the elevators; away from the main road and the maid closet. When I checked in I asked the front desk staff person whose name I believe was either Maria or Veronica whether they were able to accommodate my requests she said yes although it appeared she wasn't familiar with the layout of the hotel nor did she have a floor plan of the hotel she could refer to since she called the maid staff supervisor asking for help. Maria/Veronica seemed very evasive when I asked her a few question about the hotel as if I was asking her to share Holiday Inn trade secrets which was strange. When I went to the room (Odd numbered room) it was on a higher floor, but close to the main road and close to the elevator. The road noise was considerable. I called the front desk and asked if they could do better. Robert took my call and said he would call me back in about 15 minutes if he could find a more suitable room after I explained specifically what I was seeking. About 45 minutes later I received a call from Robert to let me know they had another room ready. When I entered that room I noticed it appeared to be adjacent to the maid closet so I asked the cleaning staff supervisor if my assumption was correct and she indicated it was in fact where they keep their carts and supplies. I explained why I was asking and she suggested a room away from the maid closet and on the back side of the hotel (The even numbered rooms such as X04) and said based on what I had told her she couldn't understand why the front desk staff would have recommended that room since there were better rooms available. Therefore, while the second room was further from the road, but not ideal for road noise since it wasn't on the back side of the hotel. It was now closer to the elevators and the maid closet then the first room. At this point I was unable to spend anymore time making another room change and had to get going.

With those two negative experiences at this Holiday Inn I recommend considering another hotel in the area. When I booked my room at the Holiday Inn Express Meadowlands there were rooms available at the Fairfield Inn East Rutherford which is about a quarter mile away at approximately $15 less a night so I would suggest giving them a try first.

In terms of the rest of my experience the room was fairly clean and good size. I didn't use the small indoor pool which looks worn. The breakfast bar area is kept clean, well stocked and the selection & food quality is good. The cleaning staff supervisor was friendly, helpful and knowledgeable and should probably be working at the front desk. The free parking was ample. The hotel is fairly close to a bus stop that will take you to NYC in approximately 20 minutes with a few stops on the way.

Room Tip: Back side (Even number) have a view of NYC & quieter. 3rd flr or higher although there will be some airplane noise. Avoid the maid closet.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business