“Disappointing overall ”
Review of Del Monico

Del Monico
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Monico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Cedar Grove
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Awkward and not very good at all. We arrived for our reservation and were seated in a cramped table when all of the other tables around us were empty. Ordered a bottle of Wine shortly after getting seated and the wine was popped and poured into the glasses before we noticed the glasses were filthy. Two of the glasses had greasy fingerprints and lip marks—- were they washed, or just reused? The waiter took the glasses filled with Wine and poured the wine in to two new glasses and re-served the Wine. They probably should have replaced the bottle too, but they didn’t and we didn’t push. When the bread arrived, I opened up my napkin to get to my utensils and my knife had food particles and residual fat on both sides. It was very obvious. Very gross and unhealthy too. All of the food, meaning apps, mains, sides and dessert were mediocre, at best. I will spare the details, just saying that mediocre is being a little too complimentary. Won’t be back. Enough said!

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 25 September 2017

If you come for the food, you will not be disappointed - great apps (try the chicken trio), nice steaks and salads, and large drinks too. We sat out back on the "patio" on a nice, late-summer evening, but unfortunately they had one waiter trying to handle the entire outside area and he wasn't up to the job. Eventually they sent someone out to help him, but the restaurant should have planned better for a Friday night. Since we were relaxing and had no place else to be, it was fine for us, but be careful if you are on a timeline.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Went for cocktails on a Tuesday night. Got nice seats at the bar. Was extremely hot that night and I think it was hotter in the bar area. Beers were not at all cold and the frosted glass melted before we had a sip. Del Monico's need to revamp their menu and decor. It's getting old. Might be awhile before I head back.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Only a few blocks from my home, this has been and continues to be my favorite local dining spot. The food is always wonderful, but it's also great for just relaxing on the patio with a drink, or hanging out at the bar with friends. Brandon, Adam, and the gang also make you feel welcome every time you're there!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 21 June 2017

We were introduced to this excellent restaurant by a friend. It is the rare place where you are not surrounded by TVs and loud music and can dine with gentle conversation. We were not rushed and the service was attentive but not intrusive. We all had steaks and they were cooked to perfection. All our salads, sides and desserts made for a very enjoyable meal with friends.

Date of visit: June 2017