“Vegan?!!”
Review of The Shannon Rose

The Shannon Rose
Reserve with OpenTable
The Shannon Rose is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 195 Restaurants in Clifton
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Description: The Shannon Rose Irish Pub combines Irish roots with a commitment to our community. The interior of the pub is entirely composed of furniture and decorations shipped directly from Ireland, but our chef-driven, scratch-made menu incorporates seasonal & local ingredients from our community partners. We are dedicated to providing Irish hospitality, and are always eager to provide our guests with a warm meal and a perfectly poured pint. Slàinte!
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I recently changed to whole food and starch based eating and My son wanted to go to Shannon Rose. What to eat? Surprise, surprise! They had vegan options. Not the most optimal food since french fries are considered vegan but nevertheless they make a couple began dishes. One was a vegan shepherd's pie with Gardein. Again, not the most healthy but a tasty choice indeed. For an every once in a while meal out with family who eats meat, this place is a pretty great option. Vegans welcomed!

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I live nearby and we used to go to this place once in a while over the past five years because it was convenient. It has progressively gotten worse to the point that I probably will not go back. They used to have a great pulled pork sandwich and sweet potato fries, but the last couple times it wasn't that good and the size of the sandwich decreased over time. I got some sort of turkey wrap last time and it wasn't good. The turkey was slimy and I honestly had a similar sandwich in a diner that was much better. The salmon dish and burgers are still OK though if you want to eat here. I do think the food is slightly overpriced either way.

The service is hit or miss, and the atmosphere is always really loud. The last time we were there for dinner, it wasn't even that late in the evening and I couldn't hear when my wife was speaking and she was sitting next to me. There were a lot of college students and teachers for happy hour.

I know they have local music here so that may be cool. It's nice to give local talent a showcase. I still think it's off my list unfortunately.

1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed 13 July 2017

My first visit to the Shannon Rose was a very good one. There was no wait and our server was outstanding. The food was above average, delivered hot, and I would definitely go back again. Average pricing.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The food is good, not great, but ok. The crowd is young, loud and inebriated. Lots of hook ups being engineered. Fun for the beer guzzling crowd, would not suggest it for family dining or if you are over 38 years old. If you are determined to dine with your children or parents.... make sure you are done before 6:00pm.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Darden restaurants use Irish theme for restaurant and bar. Located in Clifton Commons, it s in a high traffic area. Clean. Competes with at least two other Irish establishments in the area.

Cristina C, Manager at The Shannon Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Hi there! While we do appreciate our friends over at Darden Restaurants, we are actually not affiliated with them. We do hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again! Cheers!

Been to The Shannon Rose? Share your experiences!