US$169
Travelocity
US$169
US$149
Homewood
All reviewsindoor poolbaseball tournamentbreakfast buffetnice staynew jerseyfront desk staffclean hotelmini fridgenjwarrentreadmillbridgewater
Reviewed 19 April 2018

I have stopped at this property numerous times over the years and the experience keeps bringing me back. On my most recent visit which was on the way home from a 3000 mike round trip on my motorcycle did not disappoint. Kate at reception, Sarah at the lounge bar and Gary at the breakfast buffet were all very helpful and gracious.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2018

I had a prepaid reservation. My husband checked in earlier in the day. I arrived at 9PM and told the front desk that I decided to bring along my old, blind dog. She said she gave us a room on the 5th floor but pets are only allowed on the 2nd floor. I was dog tired and promised my dog would not bark and to please do not move us. She was very accommodating and allowed us to remain on the 5th floor.
Next AM we went down for breakfast and Gary who runs the dining room was attentive and just the absolute best. He was the same the next morning. All in all I cannot say enough good things about the girls at the front desk and Gary who runs the dining area. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I never stay close to the elevator as those rooms tend to be noisy
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived Friday late afternoon for a baseball tournament. The room was basic but ok to two. The refrigerator was not working, contained water and had an odor. I had to call twice to get a replacement.

On Saturday left for the baseball field at 6:15 AM and returned at 3:00 PM , my room had not been touched! Called for housekeeping. When we returned to the room we found the door was left open ( the guard for the lock prevented the door from closing) . Luckily our two laptops were not stolen. Ugh! I was there for less than 24 hours and had to call the front desk 3 times. Below is a picture of beds after room was “cleaned”. I did get clean towels?
The walls were paper thin.the breakfast was fair.

As a IHG member I was very disappointed.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Hi OTR1937,

Thank you for your honesty in writing a review about your stay with us. We are sorry to hear about the unsatisfactory service you received from our housekeeping staff and the below par condition of the room you were given. What you described certainly isn't what we want our guests to have. Rest assured your feedback has been forwarded to the management team to ensure similar situations can be avoided.

We value you as an IHG Rewards Club member and hope to accommodate you again for a chance to provide you with a much better experience.

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Our large family rented several rooms for a memorial service close by. Hair in our bed as soon as we turned down the sheets. Our rooms bathtub drain was clogged the 1st morning. When we returned to our room housekeeping had taken out the trash but didn’t call anyone for the bathtub full of water. After our first morning of breakfast our family was told we spent to much time and if we planned to have breakfast the next morning we should pack and take to our room or the pool area. The hotel bar was more of a nightclub than a bar so don’t expect to talk to the people with you. And if you have epilepsy do not go into the bar!! The nightclub light show will be an issue! It was faster to walk the stairs than wait for the 2 elevator and I’m pretty such one elevator needs service as it drops suddenly with too much weight inside. To summarize this stay it was not a family friendly place to gather and I would not stay again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Hi ourlove25425,

Thank you for visiting our hotel and taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We strive to provide comfort and impeccable services to all of our guests.

I’m sorry to see the quality of the bathtub drain and room cleanliness was a disappointment. On top of that, your comments about the level of customer service from the staff, elevator and hotel bar atmosphere is well noted. We always do our best to exceed our guest’s expectations, I am sorry we failed on this occasion. I have forwarded your comments to the involved team for checking. I want you to know that management will be reviewing you concerns and you can be assured that this is not our standard service.

Again, thank you for making us aware. I hope this matter will not deter you from giving us another chance to prove our dedication to customer satisfaction.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great staff,GREAT CHECK IN!!Clean facility,good food at the restaurant on the property!! I would definitely STAY here again on the way passing through New Jersey.Very easy off the highway and plenty of stores in the area to shop at.State park close by for walking in.