“Great value, recommended”

Travelers Inn
Travelers Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dayton
Reviewed 28 October 2015

I'm surprised by the other reviews on TripAdvisor for this motel. My non-smoking room was completely smoke-free. The foam mattress was super-comfortable and everything was clean. The carpet was so clean it may have been installed recently. I didn't have reservations prior to arriving, and the gentleman at the front desk was polite and welcoming upon check-in. I had great water pressure from the shower head, and wfi access worked fine. The room was spacious. Even though the property is difficult to find from the Jersey Turnpike, it's a great value and I hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Jorges A

Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

We first got there the lady wasn't nice. We went inside the room, it smelled like smoke & mold. We was only staying for two nights and barely going to be in there so we was going to just risk it. On the last night roaches have taken over our room they where crawling on the sink, TV and THE BED! They were living in the telephone. I'm working on getting a refund now. The staff is extremely rude! They showed no care and where blaming us for everything.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I was traveling through NJ on business and found this place with decent rates. Property is worn down, torn carpet, broken furniture, old tv's, several maintenance issues necessary. Bathroom is in bad shape too. The worst part is I woke up feeling itchy with red marks on my and bottom bed had bed bugs! I demanded a refund later that night and left to a nearby hotel much cleaner. No wonder rates are cheap, don't be fooled...you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Frank W
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here a couple of times. It was in fair condition at first but I don't think the owners care any more. The carpet and furniture is do dirty, it is hard to tell what the original pattern was. The rooms are worn out and really need to be redone. There are several other hotels in the area that have the same rates that are much cleaner and nicer. Sheets and linens seemed clean but when the rest is that dirty, it makes you wonder...

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank LanierBoatSales
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Each room is a ratchet mess; dressers with broken drawers, half the beds are infested with bedbugs, each wall painted a different color, a small table coupled with dirty lawn chairs or leftover chairs from when it was an Econo Lodge. Fixtures are falling apart, dirty floors and bathrooms. Needs a visit from Hotel Impossible.

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs!!!