“False advertisement; unapologetic manager”
Review of The Funplex

The Funplex
More attraction details
Owner description: The Funplex is an indoor family amusement center, open year round, featuring over 100,000 square feet of fun. What's unique about The Funplex are attractions like Foam Frenzy, MagiQuest, and Go-Karting. Some of our other attractions include Adventure Lazer Tag, Free Fall, Bumper Cars, 4D Theater and a state-of-the-art Arcade!! We also have a full service Cafe.
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

For a rainy day, this is a great place for family fun. However, our recent experience proves the lack of management and disciplined approach to advertising.

Before we headed out, we checked the website, especially the pricing scheme. We decided on the Fun Band, which for $29 we could get unlimited access to all the attractions ("all" means all, right?). Under the description of the wristband option, it lists arcades, bumper car, laser tag, etc. When we arrived, we were told that arcades are excluded, and we have to pay extra for them. We asked for the manager, who basically said it was the web designer's fault, not theirs, and did not offer any creative solution.

This is a very unfortunate encounter and a rude awakening for false advertisement and incompetent management. Because of this, we will stay away from this place for a long time.

1  Thank starkid0816
There are newer reviews for The Funplex

Reviewed 25 May 2017

It is a great place to have your next birthday parties, there are many games that kids can play together and have fun. Highly recommended if you do not want to get too far away for a birthday party event. It is very conveniently located by rt. 10.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Great place to go with the kids. It is like a mini amusement park. They have some rides, bumper cars, go karts, lazer tag, a 4d movie, and of course arcade games all over the place. It is fun for both kids and parents.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Never thought we could keep a group of teenagers so entertained for so long. The staff was great. Def recommend it

Reviewed 20 March 2017

I went with my friend and our two boys-ages 10 and 12. It was a Sunday and I guess since the weather was finally decent I was not expecting such a crowd. First off, it's a pain to get to. Jughandle then two more lefts and finally you can turn right into the building. If you miss the turn, good luck. We walked in and started to just "check things out" since our boys have special needs I knew they would not go on every ride, play as many games, etc. We ended up purchasing two rides on the bumper cars (4.00 each) and the foam frenzy wristbands for both the kids and adults. It came to $16.00 which all in all was not bad...the line to go on the bumper cars was not bad and the foam frenzy was not too busy inside either. Honestly, it needs a good cleaning but if you are looking for a place without germs this isn't for you. I was happy at least they had sanitizer outside of it. You will need it after. Lunch area definitely does not have adequate seating for the amount of the crowd they get. They have a sign that says 30 minute max but who is monitoring that? Also, if you have one family member sitting there waiting for their group it's a little weird for a stranger with kids who needs to sit and eat to say "Hi can we share the table?" Just not enough space. Now the food part is interesting--it is pricey--think "Disney" $9.00 for chicken tenders--yeah it's true. We bought the two slices and drink for $6.00-not bad cause at least they make the pizza in a brick oven and it was surprisingly good- but when I go to get a "refill" mind you I just paid $6.00 and my $16.00 to get in has now gone up to close to $30.00 to reload my card for my son to play and the girl says "no refills". So I had to buy another drink. I am sorry, but this place literally nickel and dimes you. This is East Hanover...not Orlando Florida. I know businesses need to profit but what they charge for access to all the facility has they can at the very least offer a free refill on a drink. Overall, my son had fun so it is what it is on spending but lastly....some of the crowd was a bit sketchy. While I was at the front when we first came in, this "ethnic" I will call her...lady said under her breath after I walked past her" Why the heck is she staring at me". First off, I wasn't staring--secondly if people did stare it's because she had at least 8 kids with her and they were a bit rowdy and foul mouthed in line. It never ceases to amaze me that people even in a children's environment will look for a fight. Not to worry...they have ONE East Hanover cop in the building. Anyway, it's not a terrible place but I don't think we will return anytime soon. I can think of better ways to blow money.

1  Thank ab1324