“best soup dumplings in the state!”

Shanghai Dumpling Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 281 Restaurants in Edison
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 18 March 2017

Shanghai Dumpling is a dimsum style restaurant where you order lots of small plates to share. The food here is extremely authentic to the Shanghai region of China! The pork soup dumplings are the best; the only soup dumplings that could compare to these would probably be from Flushing in Chinatown. The restaurant is quiet cozy and does not accept reservations, so be prepared to wait a while if you come at peak meal time.

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Lunch: dumplings and fried noodles with pork. Like pork dumpling, crab dumpling and spicy shanghai dumpling.
Dish size: good for 2-3 people
Service: Ok
Price: reasonable for 2 of us $ 36 including a tip.

Place get crowded even during weekday day time.

Will visit again.

Reviewed 26 December 2016

This place has packed every inch of floor space with a table and chair. I am no expert on Chinese food, but looking at the faces of the people who pack this place every day, and listen to them chat among each other and I take their word as experts. We squoose ourselves in and kept our elbows down while we ate with the provided chop-sticks. I was gratified to see others choose the same dishes I did. Where I sat, I could see the cooks making up the dumplings. The place was clean, even in those tightly packed corners. The wait staff were polite and able to explain dishes and answer questions.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

This is our favorite Shanghai dumpling restaurant. The pork and crabmeat dumpling are delicious. The only comment that I have is that they should have a better system when the place is busy and people are waiting outside. They give out numbers but they don't actually go by it. If they see someone that can fit in the table they sit them. And I know it's a Shanghai restaurant, but I just wish that the waitress would speak English. The waitress kept talking to me in Mandarin which I don't understand even though I kept telling her I don't speak the language.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

I came across an ad for this restaurant...and the unusual dishes that you would not find in the classic "American-Chinese",,take out ,,or the run of the mill Chinese eatery,,if you are looking for pork egg rolls ,,you have the wrong place ,,,we were the ONLY Americans,,we needed some help with some translations but this place is the real deal,,I can't tell you the new tastes we encountered ..all different,,all excellent ..we had 4 dishes and 2 cokes ,,,cost $26...and the helpings are generous...we will be back..........,