“A year later and STILL great!”
Review of Baumgarts

Baumgarts
Ranked #16 of 93 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: American, European, Chinese
Reviewed 23 June 2017

It's been a year but I came back because I was visiting the same friends I was with last time I was here. The décor NEVER changes but the clash of cuisines and styles NEVER ceases to amaze the senses including your taste buds. I got the Hunan shrimp with vegetables which was big and savory and I got to sample a friend's Pad Thai which was awesome too. One of these days I'll have to get the sushi which many patrons swear by. However, the finishing touch to a Chinese / Japanese / Asian meal is the homemade ice cream for desert. It's just as good as any old fashioned ice cream parlor. The Dusty Road sundae which had cookies and cream ice cream, hot fudge, malt and whipped cream was divine. I can't wait to come back when I return to NJ.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Great service - it is all about the food - super tasty - we go there often - one in Ridgewood and one in Englewood - both are great.

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

Delicious Chinese food with attentive service. We were a group of approximately 20+ people. Everyone ordered their own dishes. The food came out quickly & all of it was terrific. Would definitely go back if in the area again.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

I've been here before so I could KICK myself for NOT writing sooner! Check List: 50's diner style décor, yes; wide range of Chinese dishes, yup; Japanese food including sushi, right; homemade ice cream with toppings? It MUST be Baumgarts!

Once you get past the clashing of styles, you'll enjoy the food and the experience. Everything that they serve here is well executed and tastes on point. The service is really good unless it's a crazy rush and the place does get busy on occasion for good reason. I always drop by when I visit friends in NJ and will continue to do so.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

When my office moved to the area about 18 years ago, I was thrilled to be near Baumgarts, a classic old fashioned ice cream parlour. Stopped in yesterday, and was unhappy with number of ice cream flavors. I had chocolate and minted chocolate chip -- the first was average, the second much better. Other friends had raspberry and chocolate and also weren't bowled over. There are other places in the area with homemade ice cream that are, frankly, much better. I can't speak to the food, but I don't see myself returning, which is a shame.