“Good food, good service, way too noisy”
Review of Blooming Grove Inn

Blooming Grove Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Blooming Grove Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 82 Restaurants in Ewing
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 30 May 2017

There were eight of us on a Saturday night and we noticed that several large parties came in at more or less the same time, which of course slammed the bar and servers. Things were very slow for the first half-hour or so, and I'd pin this one on the person who took the reservations, rather than the staff.

Everyone liked their dinners -- the fish dishes were cooked well, the coronet pasta dish in pink Vodka sauce with sausage and peas was delicious, my veal porterhouse was also very good. The meatball and crab appetizers were also first-rate.

But for all of this restaurants very good qualities, we won't go back on a Saturday. It's too noisy.

We sat in the room to the left of the entrance and we had to shout to be heard with the room only half-full. It was very unpleasant. It wasn't like there was one obnoxious table -- everyone was just talking normally but the din reminded me of a college dining hall.

Could be that the problem is only in this particular room, and I can't believe that it's not fixable. I hope it is, because for the food and hard-working service, this place deserves five stars. Our bus person, Sarah, was especially helpful and attentive.

I'm giving it four because people who don't mind noise should definitely come here, and maybe I should try a weeknight visit when it might be quieter. But if you're going to have 40 or 50 people in a room, you should take care that they can dine comfortably.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

Started off with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. The atmosphere is homey and relaxing. The food is excellent and just the right portions for me. My wife and Mom actually had to get some doggie bags for theirs. All in all a great place to go for any occasion.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Visited on a Sunday for dinner. They are set up nicely for outside dining if you prefer;however, it was a bit breezy and we were only one of about four brave paries eating alfresco. Most were in the dining room. Food was very good and a good portion. However, read the menu closely as half the selections come with added heat. I don't know why cooks feel compelled to add wasabi, chili flakes, andouie sausage and jalapenos to everything. Ordered a caprese salad which is large enough to share for two. Hubs ordered a seafood pasta that came with a wasabi cream sauce, and they were most accommodating making it with a nice alfredo saice instead. My entree was the broiled red snapper with a generous portion of butternut squash risotto and brocalli rabe. It jad a little heat to it but it was good.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed a excellent family dinner for my daughters birthday. The bar area and Restaruant are wonderful. The food was exceptional the sweet potato gnocchi appetizer is a must. The pasta dishes are great, pork tenderloin special with mushrooms and baked potatoes were phenomenal, scallop entree excellent also. The musician Lovey Williams was a nice touch while having a drink at the bar as well as while we ate.

If the weather is nice the outside patio is a bonus.

John Antolino

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

When this nearby restaurant was proposed by friends we were surprised that we had not heard / read about it before. (We usually go out 2 / 3 times a week.) The food was very good and servings generous. One guest had short ribs and said the first was excellent but the remainder not as good; two had the ribeye special which were very good and cooked just right. Our fourth had a seafood dish and said it was very good. All the desserts were very good.

Now RE the service...at the beginning of the meal it was very good as we were attended by a server working with a server in training. As the night progressed the experienced server was present less and it was harder to get items such as cream for our coffee (we resorted to using whipped cream from a dessert) and other requests. I will give them credit for not rushing us as they were cleaning / setting the room we were in.
We will give it another try since it is close and the food was good.