“As Greek as it gets”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Thirteen friends descended on the Santorini Taverna in Fort Lee, NJ at the foot of the George Washington Bridge last week for the best Greek meal I've had in a long time. Angelo, the owner greeted us like old friends, this was our third visit in as many years. He seated us at a whole bunch of tables pushed together and told us that he had prepared a family-style dinner of seafood, salads and some meat dishes. Wow! Picture three huge platters with sliced tomatoes covered with filets of flounder, ringed with large steamed clams, mussels and huge shrimp and smothered in calamari lightly sauteed in olive oil. Meat dishes comprised of osso bucco with orzo that melted off the huge bone. And, did I mention the lamb chops grilled in garlic and olive oil? The dessert trays came out with baklava interspersed with another sweet wrapped in flaky philo dough. The food just kept on coming and the damage was minimal, just about $55 pp tax and tip included. Thanks Angelo for a memorable meal.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

I ordered from Santorini for delivery. The romaine lettuce was brown, the dressing was flavorless. I got cheese pie which seemed ok at first but then seemed a bit spoiled. I thought I was ordering a gyro sandwich, but got a platter instead. If I'd enjoyed it, I would have been disappointed by the portion size (4 wedges of pita equaling not even half a pita and four slices of meat) But the meat had no flavor and neither did the tsatsiki. I might just throw out the rest because it was just depressing.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I haven't been to this place since I've moved to Florida. It was like going into a time machine. Everybody remembered me and treated me as family. The owner is very friendly and makes you feel as if you are with family. Nice place with great food. The price is average and is hidden in a town that is growing fast. Worth the stop.

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

The food is good and they have a nice outdoor seating area. Great place for lunch. The steak gyro was great.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

The proprietor himself often either cooks dinner personally or personally oversees its assembly repeat treat for us which beats the chain Greek place a few blocks away