“"I GAR-UN-TEE you'll like River Park Pub"”
Review of River Park Pub

River Park Pub
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: Full service bar and restaurant specializing in fresh American pub fare. Party room available with sunset views of the Delaware River and scenic Proprietors Park.
Reviewed 24 March 2017

Last night we (group of 6 adults) visited River Park Pub, hoping to once again enjoy the preparations by Chef Jeff Gilham, formerly of Creole Café in Washington Township. We were not disappointed, as we started with scrumptious appetizers: Ribs, Drunken Clams, Bayou Mussels, and Hot and Honey Wings. All four dishes were superbly presented and delicious, and the Clams and Mussels were accompanied by plenty of bread to sop up the extra Cajun or Creole Sauces. The entree selections were varied, but the Shrimp Bourbon New Orleans, the Crab Cake Sandwich, the Po Boy (your choices Andouille Sausage and Peppers, Fried Oysters, Shrimp, or Crawfish), and the Po-Man Jambalaya drew rave reviews! While we all enjoy topping the meal with dessert, we had no room - always good to leave something to try next time, which will be very soon! Service was very friendly and professional, and several take-home containers were available for those who went to bed that night knowing they were going to have a delicious lunch the next day!

Reviewed 5 March 2017

My wife an I and another couple drove a good distance to try this new restaurant. What a delightful surprise! I value a freshly cooked good meal at a restaraunt and that is what we got. In a very casual atmosphere we enjoyed delicious mussels, a different take on sweet potato fries, Po-Man jambalaya, linguini and everyones favorite pull pork sandwich. This was not standard pub fare, it was different and better. IN addition they had a friendly staff, (the chef inquired if we enjoyed the food, we did) We plan on returning and telling all our friends.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Where`s the booths _ the sides__the heat__the people?
After reading a rather good revue in the newspaper ( especially re the Wings ( We travel all over looking for the best wings!) we finally got back there last Sunday, expecting a full house....NOT! ( We were the only diners there)
We`ve been going there over 20yrs__Mansion house, Vincents,etc. Now known
as ''River Park Pub''. OK, so I`m not John of Spike TV`s Bar Rescue, but the owners seem to have made some tactical errors while obviously (still) spending lots of renovation moolay.
#1= added an addition ( white siding-uug!) to the front, hiding the entrance within the small circular veranda, with the river, the lovely park practically in their front yard, why not a stunning out door patio for fair weather diners to enjoy?___#2 Instead, they used the area for VERY small ,enclosed uncomfortable new tables that hardly accommodate 4 people( & our top was already unstable), Instead of replacing the area with booths, that most diners prefer, for a tad of privacy & comfort.___#3 There seemed to be no heating system in the new area( except for a small space heater ??)___ #4 The menu is a plastic place mat, so you`d think the prices would correspond to the ambiance ? No! Apps start @ $7.99, Entrees @ $12.99___NO
reasonabe sides available, NO specials. Only rice or fries,& tasteless veg. medley available with entree.___# 5___There is a VERY small Raised Wedge in a corner. obviously for live music ( those poor musicians ) #6___`looks like the nice orig. bar is still there & seems to have been ''restored, & a hang-out for the locals, so at least the bar is doing well, as it was somewhat busy.
I couldn`t wait to get my lips around the'' VOODOO WINGS'' ( $10.99/10 ), I even bought my own bib, knowing & looking forward to their being 'messy''; & yes they were, but the meat wasn`t tender & the sauce tho good, was unremarkable.
The Hot Roast Beef sandwiches ( $8.99) , nice portion, pretty good___The Chicken breast entree ( $12.99) w/hand cut fries & veg, medley....just ok.
Gloucester City has not yet ''yupped'' out. It`s still the great little working class city it has always been..... yet these new entrenpeneurs like''Chubby`s- Spred Eagle_Brooklawn Diner- & the above ,refuse to cater to the wants & pocketbook of the town.

1  Thank r r g
Reviewed 13 February 2017

We LOVE this place. The staff is great, friendly, funny and make you feel like you're part of the family. The food is awesome. I like spice and heat but my husband can't take the heat. This place is great for both. The "hot" items on the menu are clearly marked. We haven't had anything here that we didn't like

Reviewed 3 February 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed dinner three times at the Pub. Tall bar tables are available, as well as regular tables and a separate upstairs room which would be good for private parties. The place was clean and has large tvs at the bar. I believe that some nights have live music. The first two times I had the seafood jambalaya (so you can tell how good it was), then I thought that I should expand my horizons, so had a shrimp bourbon special. All excellent! I like things very spicy, so I asked that the chef make the dinners extra spicy - and they were perfect! Friends all enjoyed their dinners as well which included the fried oyster po' boy sandwich and barbecue shrimp and grits. Although the focus is creole, others dinners, sandwiches, salads are available. Desserts were also a big hit (I didn't partake after my big dinner, but they were deemed outstanding). Definitely a find!