“It is what it is”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 4
Reviewed 22 March 2013

It's M&S. the food is good. The drinks are good. It is dark and a good place for business lunches or dinners. But if you have been to one you have been there, no need to go back.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I generally like M&S, and have had some good meals at other locations....most recently in NYC. But of late, the last two visits to the location in Hackensack indicated a big nose dive has taken hold and with all the other great seafood and fish options in the area, I suggest taking this place off of your list and saving your hard earned money. Starting with the meager serving of bread (rationed as if it was the Great Depression...five tiny...really tiny pieces on a plate for four people...we laughed) to entrees which should be served piping hot from the kitchen coming out cool and barely warm, to poor preparation of dishes and (not that it matters when the food isnt good) but VERY meager servings to add insult to injury. One person at our table ordered Tuna last visit and could not BELIEVE the miniscule portion size. And on a final note, we observed the lights flickering on and off all night, indicating an electrical problem or a short of some type, which was totally ignored by management! Skip this M&S and head to one of the other many great seafood options in the North Jersey area!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

McCormick & Schmick's has an excellent reputation, and many of its locations deserve that! However, I was unimpressed with this particular restaurant, where I took my mother to lunch recently. First, the service was VERY SLOW, despite the fact that only a few patrons were in the restaurant at the time. Second, I felt that the meal was quite overpriced. The bill came to about $45.00 for lunch portions of Shrimp & Andouille "Mac & Cheese", a fried shrimp plate with 5 small shrimp and french fries, and 2 glasses of Riesling wine. Neither of the dishes was impressive, and I was dissappointed that I had taken my mother for lunch at this restaurant. I won't do it again!

Reviewed 15 January 2013

This is a decent seafood restaurant with reasonable prices.
Very good service, good meals, consistency in high quality of meals.
However, the menu is not extensive and does not change with time.
You have a choice of either sitting in a booth or by the window.
They used to have the best Bass around, but, sadly, it is no longer on the menu.
The “Chef Recommendations” in the menu are quite good.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

I make a habit of staying away from chains. but I also make exceptions -- and McCormick & Schmick's is my only exception. The service here is always above the usual -- and the wait staff generally knows what they're doing. In a chain, the food is always the same, so it becomes about the service, and by extension, about the manager. This one meets and exceeds expectations. Just so you know -- the burgers are always good *(I know, it's a seafood place) and the crab cake, chowders, and shrimp -- also, cooked right -- never overdone.