“A friendly fun atmosphere! Very happy to have been here!”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Hackensack
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 4
Reviewed 15 July 2013

From the friendly wait staff to the delicious cuisine this is a great place to stop by, get a good meal and do some shopping at Riverview Mall. Great decor and atmosphere for a fun day out with family,friends, or going solo. I was dining alone and the wait staff was courteous and friendly and made me feel like I was back home at my favorite diner. Portions are excellent, service fast, accurate and courteous. Great selection of food. You won't be disappointed. Prices are moderate and in my opinion very fair for the offerings provided.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Mc Cormick has some of the best seafood selections around. We love the seared tuna, and the full service bar. The waiters are always courteous and friendly. For a romantic night, ask for the private booths, they are more intimate.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

We used to go to the restaurant frequently but the decline was jarring this visit. The prices are up, the quality, selection, and portions down. The server was very attentive but had to try to sell us a points program at the table which was awkward. Everything was...ok...but I don't want to go back.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

This was a restaurant that you could always count on for a good seafood meal, with attention to details. They just do not care any more, an absolute dive in quality in the last two years. Our last three meals have been the same. The food is delivered luke warm to cold, the fish is of mediocre quality and the management just does not care. We were never asked if we would like more bread, and soda and iced tea sat there drained. The restaurant was empty on a Friday night.
As others have noted this is not the case in many of their other locations. When we mentioned at the end of our meal, when finally asked how the food was, that our salmon fillet dish actually had multiple bones-did not even mention everything else, we were surprised by the answer. First we were told that they are using a new fish supplier, and the indication was that they have had problems, switch! Second, when our bill arrived the waitress said that the manager had taken something off the bill. We informed her that all most patrons really want is warm/hot food, prepared well and good service, we are all capable of reading the prices on the menu. There is no price point for this food and service.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

M&S is a chain, so it's not fair to expect excellence, but at the prices they charge, I expected well executed and fresh. Started with a well done sangria - no syrup just fresh fruit juices & wine. Great, refreshing drink. Bread was ok - pedestrian but cold. Ordered the Lump Crabcakes w/mashed potatoe & mixed veggies. The veggies were the best part of the meal. Well prepared, crisp, and fresh. The mashed potatoes were probably fresh at some point, but were grainy as though they had been frozen. Not much taste. But the slap came with the so-called lump crab - there were only stringy meat. Lump crab can stand up to being mixed and you should still have some solid meat. Much too much bread and they were soggy. Almost tasted raw. I took 2 bites and sent them back (not worth $30.) I ordered the seared scallops. They were fresh and well prepared. The accompanying potato hash and wilted spinach was excellent. This is the 2nd and last try for M&S for me. My money is better spent elsewhere. Landry's recently took over M&S and has over 400 restaurants around the country. Went on a Friday evening and it was not full at 7 pm but it was very noisy. Big disappointment.