“Green Olive (Hackensack, NJ) - Good Shrimp & Clams Scampi”
Review of The Green Olive

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Green Olive
Ranked #101 of 164 Restaurants in Hackensack
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 July 2016

My son and I enjoyed a nice dinner at the Green Olive restaurant in Hackensack, NJ. We both had shrimp & clams scampi over risotto. The service was also very good.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

small quiet unpretentious restaurant and bar with wonderful freshly cooked food and friendly staff. Excellent collection of inexpensive wines and unusual craft beers. Very Reaonable pricing with relaxed environment.

Reviewed 3 September 2015

went on a Saturday night..place was empty. service was good. The risotto appetizer was great! Skirt steak entree was ok. I would have liked a veggie with it. Another entree that was ordered was the chicken with mushrooms. It was just ok. chicken was overly thin and two pieces. That entree came with a salad for starers but other entrees did not. That was disappointing considering the price of the other entrees was pricier. Don't think I will return.

Reviewed 22 April 2015

The is a small restaurant with great food. Everything we ordered came out tasting fresh and flavorfull. The service was friendly and knowledgeable. Can't wait to go again.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

I pass this place every week on my way to a meeting and have long been curious. Other circumstances took me to the area so I finally got a chance to check it out. It is unassuming from the outside and surrounded by low-end retail so I was not sure what to expect.

Our meals far surpassed our expectations; both my friend and I thoroughly enjoyed what we ordered. We started out with generous bowls of escarole and bean soup, followed by a shared stuffed polenta, which was fluffy and satisfying.

We asked our attentive and engaging waitress "Dee" for her advice between a regular chicken dish and a current special; she suggested that we order one of each and they brought them out as half portions on two plates so we could each try both dishes. When we saw the first ones come out we thought she had forgotten because the "half portion" would have been a satisfying amount on its own.

The thing I especially enjoyed about the food was that it was not overly salted as so many restaurants do; subtle differences in flavor and the freshness of seasonings were apparent because of a judicious hand. I can't wait to go back and try some of the other offerings.

The total for two of us, which included two soups, a shared appetizer and two entrees (no dessert or beverages) was $60, which I felt was well worth it. Glad we took the gamble!

2  Thank ShiftyNJ