“I love this Greek Restaurant”
Review of Greek Island Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Greek Island Grill
Ranked #68 of 168 Restaurants in Hackensack
Reviewed 14 January 2016

There are several Greek restaurants in the area, this one is the best. The food is very fresh and prepared with care. The dishes are delicious and of course the Gyro dishes are great. The desserts vary and are all made on site and are delicious.
The owner is very professional and really knows how to run a business and cook!

Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

My wife and I truly were hoping for the best when we ordered from here but that was not the case. We ordered at 7:38pm and were informed the order would be delivered from 8:20-8:30pm. When 8:30 came and went we called to ask where the order was. We were given an excuse of being understaffed and having orders spread "far" out over their 5 mile radius they would deliver to. They then told us it would be another 15-20 minutes cause it was just leaving (8:45pm). At 9:20pm still without our order delivered and no communication I called again, only this time they picked the phone up but must have set it on the counter. I sat there for roughly two minutes listening to background restaurant noise... I hung up, called back only for it to be busy from leaving the phone off the hook. 5-10 minutes later (9:30pm) I got through and was not even offered an apology let alone any sort of compensation only the offer of calling the driver to find out where he was, before I could even say anything else "click" she hung up. A couple minutes later the driver called to tell me GPS was telling him 9:36pm. Roughly around 9:36pm he called back only to say he wasn't sure but he thought he was here. I walked outside not to find him and had to walk out onto the street to flag him down. FINALLY at 9:40pm, 2 hours and 2 minutes later we got our food. But guess what ... Nothing was even lukewarm, I'd maybe give it room temperature and looked like both meals were tossed around the car on its 2 + hour journey. We were so disinterested and disgusted with the food and lack of customer service that we didn't even want to eat it. Waste of time and money!

Now the entire timeline is out there here are the blatant issues... First, if you provide a service that includes delivering within a 5 mile radius, then actually do it in a timely manner or don't do it at all. God I would have even taken a realistic timeline instead of it showing up an hour later than projected. If it's going to be late(especially that late) there is something called communicating with your customer. I would have canceled the order and figured out another food option instead of wasting two hours of time and wasting $40. Second, I get it .. Things happen your understaffed or busy but CUSTOMER SERVICE! Don't be rude! Offer some kind of compensation! And absolutely don't treat your customers poorly! Finally, don't even bother with this restaurant. Run away and certainly don't spend your money here!!

Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

The food took way to long to come out. The food itself was OK, It was pricy as well. It was clear the establishment was short staffed. Has potential but needs some work

Reviewed 25 September 2014 via mobile

I was here just one time and wanted something quick to take back to work for lunch.
Nice decorations with inside and outside seating. Georgia the owner is very friendly and accommodating.
I wanted an order of tyropitta but they did not have any that day. Instead they had prasopitta and even though I never had it before it was very tasty. I also ordered Greek fries prepared with a spash of vinegar and plenty of oregano and plenty of salt.
I'll go back in a heartbeat

Reviewed 18 September 2014

Fresh, delicious, authentic Greek cuisine. Great,prompt and friendly service. would definitely return.