“Church ladies dinner”

Prickly Pear Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Four of us church ladies went to Prickly Pear for dinner. The other three had been there before and raved about it. It's nice that you can bring your own wine. We shared the calamari appetizer. There was more than enough for all of us. It was very tasty and different. The others all ordered the shrimp entree. They were surprised that it came in tomato sauce. On the whole they were disappointed. I had the pub steak special of the night. It was excellent. Cooked just the way I ordered it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If you do go get a $10.00 coupon from moneymailer.com . They also have $10.00 take out menu.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

We enjoy this restaurant with my husband's parents. The service is always great and especially kind to the folks (from Heath Village). Food has never disappointed- always special and delicious.

The one tricky thing is finding the place- it's hidden next to a laundromat in a small strip mall. Very nice inside.

You can bring in a bottle of wine and there's a liquor store very close by.

Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

The waitress was very sweet and friendly but the food was average. We went twice and both times we were a bit disappointed with the meal.

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

Always a great place to go. The menu is creative and my family has had almost all items on It throughout the year. They are a great place to go for a group of 8 or a dinner for 2.
The service is excellent, just enough attention. It is a BYOB and they help pour your wine.
I've even enjoyed lunches here with a group of 10.
You can dress up or clean casual and feel comfortable. The interior is beautiful and you can talk without a disturbance of other tables making too much noise.

I have to say the menu and specials are delicious, I've even gone into orders like a shank if lamb and it was mouth watering yummy. ( I normally order seafood when I'm out.)

Please go there and enjoy your meal.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

This restaurant is amazing! Went there a week ago and had the best food we've eaten in a long time. We started with the Shrimp Etouffee and a Caesar Salad. The shrimp dish was incredibly delicious - it's not the classic New Orleans version but IMHO much better. Lots of shrimp and andouilee sausage with onions, peppers in a light cream sauce on a bed of fried okra. Fantastic and a very large portion for an appetizer. The salad was also excellent, not drowning in dressing like many restaurants do.

For entrees, we had the Seared Tuna Steak and the Paella - both were so delicious. The chef has a light touch with sauces that really enhances the food. The menu is also very interesting as there are some unusual ingredients or dishes prepared in a unique way.

Full to the max, we still ordered dessert and wound up taking it home with us after a couple of bites. It was a dense chocolate mousse cake - to die for.

Service is excellent; really the entire staff is top-notch. We can't wait to visit again!