“Good Food and Great Vibe”
Review of Taphouse Grille

Taphouse Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Taphouse Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 90 Restaurants in Hackettstown
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Modern gastropub with 24 taps of rotating craft beer highlighting several local NJ breweries. Upscale pub fare and a casual but energetic atmosphere
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Whenever we want to go to a restaurant with solid food, good variety of choices and a cozy vibe, we choose Taphouse Grille. We love the bar area as well as the dining room and service is always top notch. Their burgers are delicious as is the rest of their food!

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Convenient location on Rt 57 near shopping
Restaurant and bar areas
Full suite of beer, wine and spirits
Room for group, couples and family seating in restaurant
Room to catch cold brew or spirits in bar area
Attentive staff
Wide range of food offerings including burgers, bbq and steak

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I took a business client there for lunch on the recommendation of a lot of folks at my office. It was a good decision. The food was good as was the service. I had the shrimp tacos and my client had the Italian chicken sandwich. My tacos were very flavorful and were piled with shrimp. The Italian sandwich was declared good but had too much bread for the contents. His french fries were very good.

The waiter was attentive but not overbearing. He kept our beverages filled and made sure we had everything else we needed.

I thought the music was a little loud. It could have been because the restaurant was not very busy. I felt that I had to speak loudly to make myself heard across the table.

All in all it was a nice experience. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Glad I made a reservation as after the nor easter it was packed being one of the few places with power. They were doing their best with a 30-45 minute wait for a table for two and clear to patrons.
We waited only a few minutes for our table and seated.
Waitstaff was attentive and water glasses filled. Waiter was prompt and attentive and took drink orders and appetizer.
The food was good and well made. The pasta caprese was very good. The Cuban was ordered by wife and again made and tasted great. Burgers were cooked to order and all came out together.

Service and quality of food has improved and even the reservation call back shows a higher level of professionalism.

Were as I was never a fan before. The improvements in food will bring me back again

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Went bc of the reviews and just didn't enjoy our meal...reminded me of TGIFs or Applebee's run of the mill and atmosphere was basic too. Server had no idea about the beers when I had basic questions like what kind of beer it is. Very dissapointing.