Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2020

The owners and managers of this property are dishonest- they accepted non-refundable reservations knowing they did not have power at their property and could not accomodate guests. This is outrageous. I would never recommend staying here- they had no a/c, no flashlights, nothing to even offer guests who needed to stay there.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank kkoz99
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Hazlet, An IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2020

Hi kkoz99,

Thanks for your review. I am sorry to hear there were disappointing aspects to your stay. I would like to follow-up on your experience and have sent you a private message to obtain additional information.

Again, thanks for your feedback. I look forward to your response and being of further assistance.

Connie D

Reviewed 21 July 2020

The website still reads like all services are uninterrupted, until you check in. The restaurant is closed, no housekeeping services, you have to request towels and they do not remove the dirty towels, rooms do not cleaned or vacuumed, bed linens are not changed. The hotel is remodeling and my room was in the middle of the remodel so my wife and I were woken up 7:30am-8am for 3 days and they left all the furniture they removed from the roo.s they worked on in front of my room to trip over each morning. I complained to the staff so they gave me 2 bottles of water and 3 packages of muffins. Dont worry, they still charge regular rates.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank H4920ESbobh
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Hazlet, An IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2020

Hi H4920ESbobh

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details.

Unfortunately, I am unable to send you a Private Message. You are welcome to send us a Private Message through TripAdvisor to IHGService@ihg.com including reference to your TripAdvisor Account name so we can follow up on your experience.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D

Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

We stayed one night on a family trip. I think the average of 3.5 is about right.
Our room was a bit small but was comfortable and clean. The wash basin is in the room and not in the bathroom.
The really strange thing is that the room’s windows look into the hallway so you always have to close the blackout curtains to ensure privacy.
Overall, this hotel is similar standard to the local Best Western, which also has the basin in the room, except the Best Western provides a light breakfast in the price.
We slept well here, but on balance, because of the room window set-up and the breakfast, we have a slight preference for the Best Western.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Retiredandhappy_10
IHGService, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, An IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2020

Hello Retiredandhappy_10,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us your feedback.

It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed the comfortable and clean rooms. It is unfortunate, that we were not able to elevate your stay experience with us as a result of the layout of your room and the absence of breakfast . Our Hotel Management has been notified of your concerns and are working diligently to ensure that we make the necessary enhancements.

We are determined to deliver a combined sense of comfort and happiness. At the end of the day, it is the smile that we see in our guests and the joy that you share of your stay that we always look forward to. We hope to host your stay soon should you visit Hazlet in the future.

Hector P

Reviewed 19 November 2019

We stayed here for business and had never been in the area before. We chose this Holiday Inn because of the name and location. It was just 10 miles from where we were doing business. What the map didn't show was that 10 miles took anywhere from 20-40 minutes to drive. That was not the hotel's fault.
While it is probably an older hotel, the rooms were clean and well-kept. The price we paid was very good considering the area and the staff was extremely courteous and helpful. They spoke with me every day I came down to leave for the day and offered bottled water and snacks to go with me. The restaurant in the hotel is very nice with some great food (for a hotel). The towels are above average.
The one issue I had was the fact I could hear my neighbor cough, sneeze and clear his throat. I would not hesitate to use this hotel again.

Date of stay: November 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2019

If you've been to other Holiday Inns on your journeys you'll feel at home at the Hazlet location. It looks, feels and serves you in the same way as others you've been. We chose this location because it was near where we were attending a night wedding and didn't want to drive several miles home. The location was ideal for us. The room suited our purposes. Plus it was clean, orderly and quiet. There was plenty of parking available too. The layout was a bit strange but didn't bother us. Staff were courteous and available to answer questions should we have any. No complaints. I's stay here again if ever I'm invited to another event in the area.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Mary C
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hazlet, An IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2019

Hello Mary C,

Although I am happy to see your satisfactory rating for our areas of location and sleep quality. I am sorry to hear that your room comfort was negatively impacted due to the layout of the room. The experience you described certainly isn’t what we want for any guest. I appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate your sharing your experience and am confident they will take steps so this doesn’t happen again.

I hope that you give us another chance to host your next stay.

Regards,