“Good old fashioned eats”
Review of Hightstown Diner

Hightstown Diner
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Hightstown
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 8 April 2017

If you are anywhere near Hightston or Princeton NJ, you need to stop at the Hightatown Diner for a real diner experience. Great breakfast, lunch and dinner specials served in an authentic diner since1927. You will not be disappointed

Reviewed 14 February 2017

After being disappointed by some of the local fair in and around town, this diner was recommended by a friend of mine. My wife and I stopped in for lunch recently. There were a lot of locals having lunch, soccer players, moms and dads, families. Made for a nice atmosphere. Service was steady and the meal was tasty. Not a five star joint, but a five star hometown feel!

1  Thank Gregory L
Reviewed 9 February 2017

A throw back in time !!! Great breakfast, lunch and OK dinner. A great place to meet old friends and to make new ones. A very comfortable feeling as soon as you walk through the door. Worth a try.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

We had eaten something non-traditional for Christmas and the day after we stopped here. The turkey, stuffing and gravy platter sounded good to me. Started with a salad so brown, rusty, and wilted...and stopped picking the icky pieces out and sent it back for a cup of matzoh ball soup. It was great but took a long time and was a bowl...a bit much. About the time you'd expect the main course to come out, the waitress let us know they hard almost no fish, including the one my husband ordered. Our meals came. His orange roughy looked pretty good. My turkey platter was a pile of stuff hidden under a giant blob of yellow gravy that went out in a gelatinous jiggle to the plate's edge. Under the mass was freezer-burned (or nucleated) pieces of turkey, some okay pieces and the stuffing looked like it was already digested by...hmmm....maybe that gravy blob? I don't think we'll be taking that detour anymore.

2  Thank telemarkJane
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

I read good reviews of this place so my boyfriend and I tried it out. Coffee and drinks came out quick anf waitstaff is wonderful. It is a small diner but Guy Fieri's must not have taste buds. The syrup has such a plain taste (maybe sugar free), his bacon wasn't cooked all the way, the hashbrowns reminded me of eating mashed potatoes ( I also like crunchy hashbrowns). Pancakes are small but filling.

Will not come back.