“Nice Surprise”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Refered by a local. I stopped in for one of the lunch specials. $14.99 for wine, appetizer, and entree was within my price range. The caprese salad and eggplant parm was awesome. The service was great. I enjoyed my lunch people watching from a table near the front window. Would love to return soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

To this day, it is a place I remember for having the best fried calamari. Not a lot of batter, you can actually taste the calamari. It is a place I recommend.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

We arrived at Tutta Pasta by happenstance, after a trip to Carlo's Bake Shop. The dinner and ambiance were quite good. It was a lovely evening and we ate outside. Everyone loved what they ordered. The owner mingled with everyone and even taught a toddler how to eat mussels with an Elmo fork. I would definately go back.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Went to eat here after visiting Cqarlo's Bakery across the street. Excellent food and the prices were great. Three of us has a meal with appetizers and it was less than $40.00.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Either people are losing their palette sensitivity or I am all quite deranged in writing this review. Twice over my experience of this place has not undergone a change. I spaced out both experiences so as to maintain an objective perspective. However, I maintain my first mperessions.
The place has avg decor, dirty carpets and middle aged Italian staff who never seem to be happy and enthusiastic. Food is rich, oily, creamy by my standards. They do have some beers on tap and that seemed to be my high point.
For me it is a holistic experience of the place, decor, smiles, happy staff and good food. And they seem to not do justice. Since they have been around and there are a lot of pizza places but fewer Italian places in Hoboken, they seem to be minting good business.

They have 2-3 tables by the window and the others go deeper into the restaurant which feels quite like a buried eating experience. They were not too ethical with us. In our bill between 6people they added tip and item number 8. And when we all signed our credit slips, we paid more tip. Luckily we were in the restaurant and an accountant friend figured it out. We called the manager and he sheepishly apologized. We all cancelled the tip and that was the end.

2  Thank Travelondollar