“Tasty Lunch - Great Views”

Blue Eyes Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 311 Restaurants in Hoboken
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we started with the calamari, that was very fresh, about the best i've tasted.

pasta bolognese, gnocchi, pizza, another pasta dish, followed by tiramisu, chocolate souffle, and cappuccinos.

food was fresh, and tasty, the views spectacular, the service friendly, and efficient.

will return.

highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had dinner with friends here. The food was disappointing for an Italian restaurant. Location was great ...facing NYC and on the Hudson.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

We had a fab time here, the food was tasty and the service was very attentive.

Along with the excellent views we had a fab time.

It was sunny and snowy, excellent fun

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent restaurant on the Hudson with Amazing Views of NYC. Food and waitstaff is excellent !!!!
Primarily Italian food with good assortment of wines . Has patio seating as well

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

On a recent trip to New York and New Jersey I selected this restaurant, Blue Eyes to celebrate my cousins birthday. I saw it on list of top Italian Restuarants and this was very misleading.

Yes the views are beautiful! The service and quality of food not so much. When we first arrived the host was friendly, we had a reservation and we were seated soon after, a party of 7. I told the waiter we were celebrating a birthday. When we were seated we happened to be underneath a fan it was extremely chilly and uncomfortable, I asked the waiter if he could turn it off and he just mumbled at me and did nothing. I went to ask the hostess and he came in and turned it off for us.

When the waiter brought us bread it was stale and cold. He took our orders and when he brought out salads for those of us who ordered my cousin requested a side of dressing for her caesar salad. He mumbled something again and then said you do not need it. Then he brought over some olive oil.

When we arrived their was only 1 table occupied in our area near the bar and they were wrapping up. We waited an extremely longtime to receive our food, and when we thought our food was coming out another large party that came in after us got their food first. We waited another 10-15 minutes for our food to arrive. My sister ordered chicken parmesan and they did not bring her food until 15-20 minutes after that. My bolognase was dry and without flavor. I requested some sauce to try to spruce it up but by the time he brought it my food was cold. I only had three bites.

By this time we were all tired and frustrated with the shortness and attitude of our server. When I requested birthday dessert for our celebrant he fussed at us and it was not complimentary, we were charged. The server hand wrote the bill and it was chicken scratch.
He added in 18% gratiuty because we were a large party, but he had to know his service was absolutely terrible.

I felt so bad that I had recommended this restaurant for a celebratory occassion. Thankfully we all enjoyed each others company.

The view was beautiful but I would never return here again!!!