“huge portions, NOT BYOB, cash only, make ressos”
Review of Augustino's

Augustino's
Ranked #10 of 307 Restaurants in Hoboken
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Probably the best pork chop I've ever had in life. And I don't even like pork chops, so that's saying a lot.

My boyfriend and I came in on a Saturday at 6 pm. Almost everything you've read is true - giant servings of pork chops that you won't be able to finish, cash only, and needing to make ressos weeks in advance. But I'm not sure about these other reviews saying that the staff was rude. They were super nice to us and made us feel like we had been going to Augustino's for years, even though it was just our first time there.

To start, they give you some bread, as well as two complimentary pieces of bruschetta with tomatoes. This was amazing. I could have just eaten a whole plate of these for dinner. We also ordered the clams casino to start, which are clams on the half shell with breadcrumbs and bacon. Can't really go wrong with anything with bacon in it.

To drink, we decided to order their $20 bottle of riesling that everyone was talking about. It was too sweet for us, but it's a pretty good value if you like sweet wine. Augustino's is not BYOB but their other bottles are pretty reasonably priced as well.

For entrees, he ordered the Breaded Pork Chops with Vinegar and Hot Peppers. This came out sizzling, as two thick pieces. I ordered their special of the day, which was a Prime Ribeye cooked in a spicy tomato sauce. This was a huge piece as well, and I was only able to finish about half of it. Entrees come with a small side of pasta in marinara sauce.

Tip - they charge $5 for sharing dishes so you might as well just order your own and take the rest home for lunch the next day.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Finally got back into Augustinos. The food continues to be very, very good. Highlights last night were a steak fra diablo and chicken and veal milanese.

Service as always is incredibly friendly. Drinks are expensive but what can you do. And as always, cash only so be prepared.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Augustino's is a small Italian restaurant in size only. You will have one of the finest dining experiences anywhere. The food is always freshly prepared and so flavorful you want to cry. The colorful wait staff will keep you entertained and on you toes with prompt service and snappy banter. It is difficult to get a reservation; but if you can get one, you will not regret the experience!!!

Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Very small place and crowded seating, but great family "home" feeling. Be prepared to be greeted by smiling wait staff and being told to sit at that "friggin' table over 'der" and the special of the day is the "friggin' best"! Great fresh Italian food with very large portions, so be prepared to take home a "doggy bag". I had the rack of lamb, which came with eight chops! Everything our family had was really delicious. Try the icebox cake dessert, my favorite.
Definitely make a reservation well in advance. They only take cash, no credit cards. Parking is difficult, so use public parking lot and walk to Restaurant.

1  Thank Donald M
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

I only order take out from this restaurant. They are not the friendliest people but the food is good. My favorite entree is the chicken Parmesan.

1  Thank maplegirl99