“Great Place to Stay!”

Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lakewood
Reviewed 12 August 2016

My husband and I have been staying at this Hilton Garden Inn since it opened. We stay her when we come to visit nearby family. It was recently renovated in the past year. As always the place is always clean. We get coupons for daily breakfast from Hilton Honors program. Waitress, Shirley, has been there since it opened and always remembers us even though we visit only once or twice a year. Louie, came and fixed our slow bathtub drain within a few minutes of calling about it. We are always pleased with our stays here.

Room Tip: There are only 4 floors. We have never had a bad room.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

I stay at a lot of hotels and Hiltons in particular. In fact, I'm staying in a Hilton property in DC as I write this review. The property is what I would expect from a Garden Inn. It was nice enough but they just cleaned the carpets in my room and the carpets were still soaked. They told me at the front desk the carpets were wet but did not have any other rooms. They said just keep your shoes on and you'll be fine. Really? At the price I paid they really should have offered me a discount on the room. The carpets were soaked. I paid full price which was my dumb mistake. The heat was on in 90 degree July weather so the room was hot and humid and wet. Clearly this property has enough customers to keep the place full so it probably doesn't matter if they lose me. Makes me want to give all my business to Marriott in this area. I don't review every hotel I stay in anymore because there are too many and they start to blend together but I will review if my experience warrants it good or bad. This stay had room for improvement for sure. Hopefully they learn from this and make improvements. Had they said hey, we just cleaned your carpets and we are full so I'd like to offer you a 20% discount for the trouble. I would have given this property a better review because they tried to make it better. Instead, the solution they offered me was for me to not remove my shoes. Thanks Garden Inn Lakewood. Great solution.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Jenny H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Thank you for your review. We are currently looking into the issues you noted and will post a detailed response soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

All and all it is a very good and clean hotel no questions about it.
Good location too (there are a few good eating places walking distance from it like Longhorn steakhouse, Ruby Tuesday).
Staff is friendly and helpful.
Rooms equipped with mini fridge, microwave (which is handy) and safe.

I found it overpriced, however. It is tough to justify the mid week $220(rate) +$30(tax)=$250 cost per night.
On top of it, the continental breakfast isn't included either. It is an extra $15. The attempt to make the breakfast look like a la crate is pitiful. It is still a continental breakfast. At this rate it should be included.

The hotel location is not on the shore line, rather 12-13 highway minutes away from the beach, which is another reason why it should not be overpriced.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Jenny H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your accommodations, our amenities, and our convenient location, but we're disappointed to hear you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We appreciate all your feedback, and we will take your comments into consideration. Thank you again, and we hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

Very clean and nicely decorated room, quiet. Beautiful lobby. Service great. Staff very friendly. We only stayed a few hours. Wish they had a rate for that. I love Hilton hotels. Always have. Never had a problem

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and found it to be adequate. Clean rooms and serviceable. I recently tried to book a return trip to this location for a 30 year HS reunion. The hotel rate was over $300.00. The bigger problem is they will not let me book just one night. I spoke with Barbara (front desk supervisor). I explained I was loyal to the Hilton brand and was a member of the Hilton honors program. I pleaded with her to let me book one night only as this was a significant event and I was looking for a loyalty help. She put me on hold and said she spoke to management and they were not willing to help me out. I have stayed at various Hilton properties around the world. And whenever I've had any issue a manager would always do the right thing to help me out. I'm so disappointed in this lack of empathy and let's face it, greed, that they would force me to book two nights which would be well over 750.00 with taxes. When all I need is one night. Unfortunately, this property will not be getting my business this time or anytime in the future. I know this property and this very poor experience is not the norm for Hilton branded properties. It's a shame HGI of Lakewood, NJ has left such a sour taste in my mouth. Shameful.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Jenny H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Dear William,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the 2-night minimum we have in place for holiday weekends and peak summer periods. We need to remain firm on this policy because we cannot always accommodate one-night stay overs. Similarly, our nightly rates change throughout the year and are higher during summer months. If our rates are an issue, we always recommend our sister property located in Toms River. Again, we apologize you weren't happy and chose not to stay with us. We hope you consider staying with us again in the future.

Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakewood
5 km away
37.7 km away
Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area
20.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Neptune

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood? Share your experiences!