“Best in area”

Aztlan Mexican Grill
Ranked #15 of 48 Restaurants in Lambertville
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

New ownership-this place used to be Tortuga's and suffered from bland and generic Mexican food. The new owners, however, have breathed new life into the place. The taco plates are great-I've eaten shrimp, carnitas and pastor. All are worth ordering. The mole is complex with a nice kick at the end. Vegetarian options are minimal--you can order drinks but remember it's cash only. Fairly priced good food-on the night we went, the patio was a little dirty--my wife was wearing white pants and the plastic patio chairs were covered in dried mud...patio lightbulbs were out and the large mural is half done. If they pay a little attention to these small details, the ambiance will meet the level of the food. Portions are huge, by the way--enjoy!

1  Thank sbenhill

Reviewed 11 July 2016

I have traveled to Mexico on many occasions over the past forty years, but this restaurant exceeds all my expectations of Mexico in Lambertville. You must eat here. I am returning this Saturday with great expectations.

1  Thank Tennis609
Reviewed 20 June 2016

What a great find! Excellent food, great atmosphere (dined in the restaurant), friendly wait staff. Never would have found it wandering around so I'm glad I searched out restaurants before going to Lambertville.

Reviewed 5 June 2016

When Tortugas closed we were disappointed, so we are delighted now to see Aztlan take its place. The menu is comprehensive with mainly Mexican specialties (some Tex Mex) and all were good. I had the seafood enchiladas, which had plenty of shrimp and crabmeat and was topped with a creamy chipolte sauce (not spicy). I also tasted my daughter's mole, which was good. What is so nice about this restaurant is that everything is fresh, including freshly made tortillas. Prices were reasonable ($15-20 per entree) for a nice portion. Service was prompt and attentive. The only drawback here are the acoustics -- we were seated next to some families speaking very loudly to their kids, which detracted some from the overall experience. Outdoor seating and a full bar is available.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

We were excited to visit this restaurant after reading the Very Good review from the NYTimes last week. We were regular patrons of Tortugas, the Mexican restaurant which was previously at this location. We had hoped that this would be our new go-to Mexican restaurant. I am sad to say our lunch today was very disappointing. The food, even though at a much higher price than Tortugas, was not nearly as good. The chicken in the enchiladas was dry and unseasoned and the mole sauce was far too sweet. The shrimp, in another dish, was substandard. The service was sincere, but hurried, even though the restaurant was only half full. I doubt that we'll be back, which is very disappointing.