“Ribs, ribs”

Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Lawnside
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Where Rocky Mountain North Carolina and the West Indies merge, creating our unique spice pallet and infusing our delicious, home style cooking. Rochester's Barbecue is a place your entire family will enjoy; come out, and let us do the cooking for you!
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Service is kind of slow but worth the weight. Ordered slab of ribs with sides. We were warned. Had enough ribs to take home and also give sone to a friend. Flavor was outstanding would order again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Let me start by saying I only gave 4 stars because of the service. The food was EXCELLENT!!!!! Our server was a little long to bring our drinks to the table after taking our order. She was standing around or bringing drinks to another table near us but then it was as if a light bulb went off and she brought us our drinks. Another table around us received their food before we did and they ordered after us. So my husband wasn't happy about that but when the food came it was on and poppin!!! We love soul food and have been a frequent flyer at Kelsey and Kim's in Atlantic City but Rochester's gives us another option. We both had fried chicken wing dinners. We both had collard greens I had potato salad and he had black eye peas. Everything was very tasty and an added bonus for us who do not eat pork......THEY DID NOT USE PORK IN ANY OF THOSE SIDES!!!! I should've asked about the other sides but I can do that on my next visit ☺The portion sizes were large and we each received 5 whole wings!! We each took home leftovers and ate it the next night. We also liked that they give you a choice of cornbread or hush puppies at no extra cost. Some places charge you for cornbread. I want to also mention that Rochester's has a menu entitled Healthier Options that are not only cheaper but also smaller portions. We weren't sure of the portions because it was our first time so we ordered off the regular menu. As our server described it....."the lunchtime menu served all day".

For a Friday it wasn't that crowded but it is a decent size. Tucked away next to the Shop Rite in Lawnside it may be difficult for some people to find but once you do you will not be disappointed. Another treat is the music. Michael is very talented. He knows a variety of music and he did his best to honor requests. Despite his visual impairment he went around to a few tables and introduced himself. So we're not just looking forward to coming back for the food we're also looking forward to coming back for the entertainment!

I am a little disheartened that it took us 3 years to find this place??? Thankfully my sister-in-law went here for a birthday dinner and told us about it. The management at Rochester's needs to reconsider their marketing strategies. My husband and I plan on doing our part to get the word out because as good as their food is they should have some longevity in this business. So for all of the southern NJ locals who love good soul food make your way to Rochester's and bring a large appetite.

2  Thank tigger42068
Reviewed 29 May 2017

Be Very Aware...Been here twice because this place was highly recommended by a friend. First time I ordered food to go. Vernon was very pleasant and helped me with ordering and even remembered me the second time I came. Second time I dined in bringing my mother as another recommendation by me but this time really rubbed me wrong. Food is great! I will not knock that at all but stealing from me is where i draw the line!!! At the end of meal I paid with a credit card and wrote the tip on tip line. I gave what i thought was a generous and what i could afford tip but saw the next day my card was charged $3.97 more than what i put. I could see giving more if the waitress was running between tables and was very busy, i have no problem with tipping more but me and my mom were the only ones there and she sat at bar doing nothing the whole time. Now first off I didn't have to tip when i ordered out but did and now my tip when i ate in was not good enough?!? I'm real disappointed about this. I thought this would be my new spot to eat but see this has changed my mind greatly. You can't run a business like this.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Pescara has outstanding food, great service and a price tag that keeps you from going too often. Their Sunday morning brunch is by far my favorite. Waffles, pancakes and French toast made to order. Delicious all you can eat buffet. And start breakfast of with a mimossa! Definitely a breakfast to remember. Breakfast and lunch are a bit pricey - dinner is very pricey.

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

That's all we ordered, with the cold slaw side. It was very tasty, not much visible fat, but a bit more peppery that we expected. Order it but be prepared!