“Mexican superb!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: White Horse Pike
Transit: We are a few miles from the Lindenwold Patco station.
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

Had a late breakfast , so did not want much to eat . Go figure that ! Had their special for lunch, 2 asst. tacos . Some of the best I have ever had . Re fried beans ,catus and tortillas. So much to eat had to take it home .Ate on it for 2 more meals .Place was clean, service was superb! Great find.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Food was ok. Margaritas were so so. Ordered an Octoberfest and it had a different/strange taste to it. Atmosphere is below average and the place needs some updating. El Vez in Philly is probably my most favorite Mexican place to eat so far. I think I may be one and done after my first La Esperanza experience. The server was very nice though, polite and brought us all our apps, food and drinks in a timely manner.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

We have heard about this restaurant for years but never have tried it. Saturday we decided to give it a go. It was 5 Pm so we knew it would be crowded. It was. A twenty minute wait, which is actually not bad. We were seated in a small room down a small set of steps. The first thing we noticed was the incredible noise. It was so loud we could hardly speak to each other. Not sure why it was like that other than it being so crowded and the tequila was flowing. We were given some homemade tortilla chips and salsa that were great. We also ordered the guacamole... not so good. Pretty bland. I ordered the Chicken Fajitas and my fiancée had the grilled chicken burrito. Here was the big problem. We waited forty minutes for our meals. They were hot and the entrees were plentiful when they finally arrived, but that is just too long to wait. Then the food. Again. Bland. Now I have eaten in Mexico and eaten authentic Mexican food. Guess what? It's damn bland. What I actually like is Tex_Mex. This wasn't it. So my recommendation. If you like "authentic, bland Mexican food. You have found the spot. Great drinks too, by the way. Incredible collection and choices of tequila. But The service is slow, it almost always crowded and I'm not sure why. The food is okay.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

I was excited to try La Esperanza because there were so many good reviews on here. I sure was disappointed! There were four of us, and we all agreed that the food was average. The worst part was the service. We waited about 40 minutes to get the food -- yes, they were busy as it was a Friday night but they should be prepared for that. I wondered if our food was sitting in the back because several times I saw our waitress just hanging around talking and our food wasn't hot when it finally came out. My daughter got fajitas, which usually come out sizzling -- and they were luke warm. The bill took forever to come. It was so loud I couldn't even hear the people at my table -- we just kept saying to each other, "What?! What?!" We finally gave up on talking and just wanted to eat and get out of there. We'll never go back. Very disappointing!

Reviewed 19 August 2016

We drive 45 minutes just to eat their food. They have great tacos and traditional Mexican dishes. Very busy on the weekends and holidays. Great Mexican candy On the counter.