“Surprising Good”
Review of Fan Bistro

Fan Bistro
Ranked #31 of 92 Restaurants in Livingston
Reviewed 19 March 2018

We had our family dinner at the restaurant and order off the Schezuan style Chinese menu. It was surprising good! It was a right amount of spiciness that was flavorful and don't burn you. Our favorite dishes are Beef Dry Pot, Shanghai baby bak choy w/ balck mushrooms, pork intestine w/ chili pepper, and Sichuan Chicken in Red Oil Sauce (口水鸡). These are all good and up to the standard!

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Located in a small plaza, nicely decorated, very homey, romantic; service very friendly, prices are moderate and worth it, the food is very good. Parking is easy, in the plaza, and it's a BYOB.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

The menu is very large and interesting. It went on for several pages with both Japanese and Chinese food. There was even a grilled Chilean Sea Bass on the menu. Our waitress was very helpful and the food was very good.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

The best part about this place is that if you have people in your group who like sushi (and my other 1/2 is crazy about it) and you don't ...then they have an amazing menu where you can get almost anything Japanese or Chinese that you enjoy. My favorite is the Chefs Special Crispy Chicken with walnuts...so good !!! The Young Chow rice is a favorite that we share on our table.

Also love the BYOB feature....

Reviewed 8 April 2017

I am a big fan of Chinese food -- especially if it is authentic -- so when a Chinese friend from Beijing (an excellent cook herself) recommended Fan Bistro to me, I had to give it a try. It is a rather large and pleasant space (not a hole-in-the-wall local joint common in Northern NJ) with convenient free parking in the back. My friend had told me it had good "American Chinese" food, so I was prepared for the normal fare. However, I was pleasantly surprised for the food here (at least what we had) was a cut above what one usually would get. We shared an appetizer (Spicy Szechuan Wonton in peanut sauce) which was good and two entrees which were very good: Chicken with Eggplant in Garlic Sauce and Mapo Tofu (with meat). Both were nicely prepared and very tasty. I will definitely be returning in the near future to to try some of their other dishes.